Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Going with a cheaper company, wwyd

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 20 2019, 11:17 pm
I am loooking to purchase a certain big ticket item. I was getting quotes from several places including options and prices. I ended up sticking to one place because I thought his prices were good. Wasn’t happy about his service and responses but I did go back and forth a lot. I told him I want to go ahead but can he give me final prices etc and then he didn’t answer for a few days because it was over the weekend. In the meantime, I found out there’s a way to get what we chose much cheaper. I asked him if he can match and he gave me the runaround without giving a straight answer.

I feel bad going with this other place but it’s a big savings for me and I’m fed up with not getting clear answers.

Am I okay going with the cheaper place?

How should I tell him?

imasinger

Post Tue, Aug 20 2019, 11:32 pm
Of course it's okay!

"Dear X, we thank you for the time you have put into thinking about our project. We've decided to go a different route, but want to let you know how much we appreciated your time and thought.

tweety1

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 12:42 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am loooking to purchase a certain big ticket item. I was getting quotes from several places including options and prices. I ended up sticking to one place because I thought his prices were good. Wasn’t happy about his service and responses but I did go back and forth a lot. I told him I want to go ahead but can he give me final prices etc and then he didn’t answer for a few days because it was over the weekend. In the meantime, I found out there’s a way to get what we chose much cheaper. I asked him if he can match and he gave me the runaround without giving a straight answer.

I feel bad going with this other place but it’s a big savings for me and I’m fed up with not getting clear answers.

Am I okay going with the cheaper place?

How should I tell him?

The fact that he's giving you the run around is a good enough reason to drop him. If he calls you back and gives you a complaint, you very nicely and calmly tell him that you got turned off by his attitude and went elsewhere with better service.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette