Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bais Frieda flatbush nursery- do you recommend?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 6:39 pm
I do not have anyone there right now but I sent all three of my kids there at various times for preschool or daycamp. I liked the fact that it completely legal and licensed. They usually have around 12 kids in a class with one morah and one assistant. The staff is generally a younger staff but I was always happy.

morahlieberman

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 6:19 am
amother wrote:
someone took down a few posts here.
I would NOT recommend. I know quite a few parents who were very upset how it's run and took out their kids. She basically runs her own agency for OT, PT, SEE-IT, ETC and "refers" kids to it to the BOE. (More of like blackmailing/nudging/guilting them into it - Kids who do not really need these services at all (parents were told by the therapists) ) Some teachers are good but no one is great. It will just take one annoyed parent to report what is going on to BOE before it's shut down.

Thank you for posting this.

morahlieberman

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 6:20 am
I have a friend whose son went there. One suggestion: STAY AWAY FROM THIS DAY CARE AT ALL COSTS.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 8:23 am
morahlieberman wrote:
I have a friend whose son went there. One suggestion: STAY AWAY FROM THIS DAY CARE AT ALL COSTS.

I see and know happy kids who goes there. What exactly are you referring to. Just saying stay away, I am not understanding what you are referring to.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 9:02 am
morahlieberman wrote:

I have to say, this post smells troll. 15th post is warning people to stay away from a daycare at all costs?

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 2:29 pm
As mentioned above of the statement regarding this day care re to stay away, unfortunately I can explain. I know first-hand of a child who was there and there was a matter brought to the attention of the person in charge. Not only was it not deal with in a proper way, in addition and only some one who is not secure about their place would do this, went and made a unfounded report to ACS on this family. We have an achrius to do what is best for our children. I know convenience and hours often are at the forefront of our decisions. I think the best parents can do is to be a communicative parent and be in touch and aware with child's caretakers wherever your kid goes. On another note a women who worked for this schools services counterpart had an experience there as a provider that led her to her Rav who advised her she must leave and must tell people not to work there
May Hashem guide all parents and may He always watch over our children.
Chodesh tov! :

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Jun 01 2023, 7:11 am
amother Tan wrote:
As mentioned above of the statement regarding this day care re to stay away, unfortunately I can explain. I know first-hand of a child who was there and there was a matter brought to the attention of the person in charge. Not only was it not deal with in a proper way, in addition and only some one who is not secure about their place would do this, went and made a unfounded report to ACS on this family. We have an achrius to do what is best for our children. I know convenience and hours often are at the forefront of our decisions. I think the best parents can do is to be a communicative parent and be in touch and aware with child's caretakers wherever your kid goes. On another note a women who worked for this schools services counterpart had an experience there as a provider that led her to her Rav who advised her she must leave and must tell people not to work there
May Hashem guide all parents and may He always watch over our children.
Chodesh tov! :

I am looking into Bais frieda. This is still vague. I have many friends who sent there and it is a warm happy place. The kids thrive there.

amother
Buttercup

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 9:34 pm
Flatbushgirl had a lot to post about this place. Better do some good digging.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Jun 27 2023, 11:01 pm
amother Buttercup wrote:

Can you please post a link? I cannot find

amother
Buttercup

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 5:48 am
amother Aqua wrote:
Can you please post a link? I cannot find

It's been on her IG stories nonstop the last few days.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 6:10 am
amother Buttercup wrote:

Nothing she posted was verified! You gotta be cautious of her

amother
Bluebell

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 6:17 am
amother Peach wrote:
Nothing she posted was verified! You gotta be cautious of her

You are sending little kids there. Verified or unverified, I would be cautious. These are kids. They cant tell you if something is in fact wrong.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 6:38 am
amother Buttercup wrote:

She's sick in the head. I wouldn't put too much faith in anything she says.

amother
Whitewash

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 6:51 am
go ahead send your children there then to be neglected and abused. Thank goodness, there are probably a few good morahs who will take care of your children, but if the director ignores abuse, cheats the government, and is sketchy, I personally would find another place for my child. Regardless of what FG says. Did you see the post from 2010 where someone says she worked there and personally would never send her child there? If you feel like you can ignore this bec. it's not "verified" , feel free to put your child in that situation. Banging head

amother
Apple

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 6:56 am
amother Junglegreen wrote:
She's sick in the head. I wouldn't put too much faith in anything she says.

LOL, so a system that entraps Agunos is fine but a woman (admittedly a bit controversial by nature) with the balls to stand up to a corrupt system to help free an Agunah is "sick in the head"? She's controversial in many ways, but not sick in the head. Please.

Beis Freida is run by a Get Denier's sister who supposedly helps support him financially. There will likely be protests outside this establishment until a Get is given.

Also, from what I gather, it seems that some parents feel that the director of Beis Freida pushes for kids to get diagnoses (through an early intervention service she runs) so the daycare can get gvmt funding, if I'm understanding correctly. Seems kind of unethical from what I'm gathering.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 6:58 am
amother Apple wrote:
LOL, so a system that entraps Agunos is fine but a woman (admittedly a bit controversial by nature) with the balls to stand up to a corrupt system to help free an Agunah is "sick in the head"? She's controversial in many ways, but not sick in the head. Please.

Beis Freida is run by a Get Denier's sister who supposedly helps support him financially. There will likely be protests outside this establishment until a Get is given.

Also, from what I gather, it seems that some parents feel that she pushes for kids to get diagnoses so the daycare can get gvmt funding, if I'm understanding correctly.

Oh she definitely has balls, not denying that
Her 'ends justify the means' mentality is disturbing, that's all.

amother
Bone

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 7:18 am
I think Flatbush girl is wrong and damaging on so many fronts, but when it comes to putting my child there, I’d be very very cautious even if it’s just some strangers on the Internet negative reviews.
I’d take no chance with my babies and you shouldn’t either.

pause

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 4:23 pm
Nope, this thread is still here. The name of the day care is spelled differently so it doesn't come up in similar topics.

amother
Apple

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 4:38 pm
amother Bone wrote:
I think Flatbush girl is wrong and damaging on so many fronts, but when it comes to putting my child there, I’d be very very cautious even if it’s just some strangers on the Internet negative reviews.
I’d take no chance with my babies and you shouldn’t either.

Why is Flatbush Girl wrong

It's a mitzvah to help free an Agunah

This girl is out of options

It's been ten years and the family isn't trying to help her at all

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Jun 28 2023, 5:08 pm
I've been hearing sketchy things about this place for years. I know two people who work there, both ended up quitting. One told me the place is so bad. She feels sorry for any child who has to go through it. She told me there is so much bad stuff going on over there throughout the day and the children are little so they don't know different. I happen to have met the director a couple times and honestly I felt something was very off each time I spoke to her. I will never send my child to a place that she runs.

This has nothing to do with being a get refusers sister. This is everything to do with the schools she runs.

When there are so many people saying the same type of stuff about a place, then you do your due diligence and check it out before putting your child in such a situation.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics