Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Which Beis Medresh allows college?
Previous  1  2  3

DVOM

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 10:02 am
miami85 wrote:
While it may be "bedieved" and they don't make it "easier" on guys to get the degree, they don't "frown" upon it. They just want those who CAN learn for as long as possible with as few distractions as possible, but I know quite a few who have degrees--actuary, social work, accountant, even law school. They are of the hashkafa that there's more than one way to be a "marbitz torah" and more than one way to be an "eved Hashem". They actually hold that its actually preferable to work in an office-type job where you aren't involved in business dealings as its easier to be "ehrlich". There are many musmachim from Chofetz Chaim that have gone on to "college based" professions--doctors, dentists, actuaries, office workers, etc.

I have three brothers who went to Chofetz Chaim high school and bais medrash. All went to college. My youngest brother is pre-med and in CC. CC has a really lovely, healthy world view. Look into it OP!

fraidys

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 9:44 am
Check out Chaim Berlin and Tora Vdaas. I know.that they used to allow it.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics