Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Where to make a Wedding in Yerushalayim?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 2:43 am
I heard that you can get married at Machpela in Hebron! Is that an option? They're probably flexible about small groups...

http://en.hebron.org.il/news/356

grace413

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 2:56 am
https://www.prima-hotels-israe.....ences

Check out this hotel. I don't know exactly what hechsher they have but it's a religious hotel and they may have a room suited for your needs.

etky

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 3:11 am
grace413 wrote:
https://www.prima-hotels-israel.com/prima-palace-jerusalem-hotel-experiences

Check out this hotel. I don't know exactly what hechsher they have but it's a religious hotel and they may have a room suited for your needs.

Oh my gosh - is that the former Central Hotel?
Didn't realize it was still around...

grace413

Post Wed, Aug 14 2019, 4:02 am
etky wrote:
Oh my gosh - is that the former Central Hotel?
Didn't realize it was still around...

Yes it is.

Hotels are constantly changing their names, it's difficult to keep track.

Shuly

Post Tue, Aug 20 2019, 12:12 pm
How about Satmar hall in Ezras Torah? They have an in-house badatz caterer.

02-537-7030
02-532-5566

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 20 2019, 1:24 pm
That sounds like a great idea! I'm calling them now. Thanks so much!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 12:19 pm
I loved the Satmar Hall idea, but I spoke with them and their minimum number of people is more than double. Sad If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know.

Rappel

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 12:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I loved the Satmar Hall idea, but I spoke with them and their minimum number of people is more than double. Sad If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know.

What is the actual size of your party?

Are there any handicap limitations? Any other special requirements?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 2:32 pm
Has anyone heard of or been to a wedding at the Bereshit Hall in Givat Shaul? If yes, would you please share your impression? Thanks.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 5:43 pm
Most halls in Israel are for large events. When we had bar mitzvot with less than 100 people, it was very very challenging to find a nice place.

You also don't want to do it in a large hall even if they let you, because then it looks empty and forlorn. You need an intimate space.

Have you considered doing the chuppa outside by the kotel? That could be special and romantic, much better than going to a plain conference room.

Then just go to a regular restaurant (book ahead of time of course).

But the people I know who married outside did not have kallah chairs etc.

I think it will be very hard to find a dedicated wedding hall for such a small wedding. Israelis very rarely have such tiny events. You will need to decide on a restaurant, and bring any wedding paraphernalia you feel you need on your own.

Do you have any friends in Israel with a private garden or huge balcony? That could be a great location.

zebra111

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 5:57 pm
I havent been there and I actually havent heard about the catering hechsher but yvel just outside jerusalem is meant to be beautiful. Also on emek refaim there is a small hall...I totally forgot the name. Something bamoshava? I'll try and check it for u

zebra111

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 6:00 pm
Its called alma. Emek refaim 43

zebra111

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 6:02 pm
Oh also I recommended this on another thread too, the yehuda hotel near the zoo do weddings (so have chuppa etc) and they also have different sized rooms. Really nice friendly hotel

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 6:20 pm
What about the Montefiore windmill? IIRC, there's an outside area you could use for the chuppah and a classy Mehadrin restaurant inside (Sheyan).

"At Sheyan we are happy to host any kind of event and to construct a special menu, designed precisely to cater for the client’s every wish.
The restaurant also offers spectaculars private rooms, the golden room, which is in the base of the windmill; you can find a large round table seating fourteen people and a splendid set of dishes with a 24 gold karat decoration."

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 6:31 pm
Thank you all for your suggestions. I'm pulling my hair out. Every lead I have doesn't work out. I agree that a large hall would look empty. I love the idea of having the chuppah by the Kotel and then going to a restaurant. What does it mean when you say there was no Kallah Chair? Literally? Or do you mean the chair wasn't fancy? If the former, what do people do? I'm also wondering what I do for a Yichud Room with this setup. Any suggestions?

I also love the idea of a private garden or balcony. I don't know anyone who has one. If you know someone who rents theirs, I'd appreciate their contact information.

I'm going to check out the Alma Ba'Moshava hall and the Yehuda hotel to see if one of those will work.

It's a really small wedding -- about 25 - 30 people. There are no handicap limitations per se, but I don't want to make it too difficult for people to get to. In terms of hashgacha, I'm looking for the Eida, Rabbi Rubin, or Rabbi Machpud.

Thank you again everyone for all your help and wonderful ideas!

camp123

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 8:45 pm
Look into the netsach yisrael shul. Corner of ramban and ibn ezra in rechavia. The hall is small and lovely and the rebetzin does badatz catering. I'm not sure if they have a chuppah or not but they might. I can try and get you the number later.

Shuly

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 1:46 pm
You're right about minimum - we had to order 75 portions for a bris even though we didn't need that many. But we just took home the leftovers and used it for supper that week.

You can do the same with Satmar - pay for the minimum portions but only set up for what you need and have them wrap up the rest. You can use the leftovers for sheva brachos!

newme

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 5:03 pm
Rodriguez (Meaty) restaurant in Har Hotzvim is under Rav Rubin supervision.
It also has a small side room for small parties.

It could be a great solution (and the food is delicious :-)

Oh - and MAZAL TOV!!

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 9:38 am
I was at Ticho house once and there was a small wedding going on outside in the garden. It looked lovely. They're milchig but elegant, delicious milchig.

newme

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 9:55 am
I second this - Ticho house is beautiful.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions