Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Bingo whole sale

supersmile

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 6:09 pm
I am a family of 4 work full time I wanted to know is it really worth it for me to slep out to bingo to do my shopping I also don't have a car so will have to use Uber on way back

Marathon

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 6:12 pm
I find its only worth it if you know what you want to get and that they have it. I find they dont have a lot of options of different companies

simcha123456

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 6:12 pm
Hi! Depends what you need. If you’re going for the meats and poultry, definitely go. The prices are really unbelievable and the turn around is great. They also have an amazing fresh spice section, in general, on my opinion everything is well priced, I just don’t like the produce there so much

southernbubby

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 6:50 pm
My son-in-law, who has a car, would never dream of going somewhere else for Pesach and Succos. Because of the volume of stuff that you need, including hosiery, paper goods, hair accessories, toys, and folding chairs and tables, it's worth it to go. One stop shop. You need a second person to push a second cart.

rdmom

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 7:24 pm
And you need massive help packing it all yourself. I find that the hardest.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 7:54 pm
rdmom wrote:
And you need massive help packing it all yourself. I find that the hardest.

Good point! And sometimes the lines are long.

sky

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 8:01 pm
For regular shopping overall I don’t know that it is worth it.
Their sales are sometimes crazy good.
Most of the time chicken, fish, meat are very low.
But for a weekly shopping trip I’m not sure it’s the best destination.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 8:10 pm
They do send out emails with their deals if you sign up for them.

lavenderchimes

Post Wed, Aug 21 2019, 8:29 pm
southernbubby wrote:
They do send out emails with their deals if you sign up for them.

Thanks for the info!!!

OP, I think it's worth a trip to find out for yourself.

supersmile

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 3:22 am
What's there email

sky

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 4:40 am
supersmile wrote:
What's there email

If you sign as a member (free) they send emails
It goes to my spam folder so o have to look for it.

Typically they have 4 crazy weekly specials in the email.
Then in the store there are lots of surprise sales that are really good. But there is no circular so you have to walk through every aisle to find the specials. Which takes a long time. And I buy way more then I would otherwise that way.
So I avoid going and when I do go for sale or large amount of expensive chicken (like capons they have cheapest) I try to only buy what is on my list. (Unless I happen to see a great sale).

lkwdlady

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 5:02 am
I don’t think it’s worth it.
They do have some good sales but it’s a hit or miss type of thing.
When my kids were young I relied on the grocery store that delivered even though the prices were higher.
I felt that my sanity comes first!
The only time I went to a large store with better prices was before pesach when I needed so much and wanted to save what I could.
Now that my kids are all in school I do go to these types of sales/ stores but I did not do it when they were young and I was working. For me, the savings weren’t worth it.

supersmile

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 5:36 am
I have to go to the store to became a member?

southernbubby

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 5:45 am
supersmile wrote:
What's there email

You may have to go to the store and get the free membership card and then they send you emails. I regularly get emails from them because I had to get the card to shop there. I am not sure that they otherwise send emails but you can call and see.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 6:02 am
It's supposed to be like Costco where you don't just walk in for a pack of gum. You go in expecting to spend $$$. But think about these holidays from the perspective that you will need more of everything that you usually keep in the house such as shampoo and trash bags. Your kids will need something to do while you prepare and so on. You go with an open mind and much of what they sell is their own brand but as you walk the aisles, you may remember that you need a new snood or your DH is out of socks or your son needs undershirts.
To me, shopping there is an event and for men, there are minyonim announced. You probably will make some impulse purchases because you remember that you need some gifts and you see something that you can afford.

sky

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 7:18 am
Are you in Lakewood.

What about ordering from gourmet glatt. Try to get sale items. You’ll probably come out even. Don’t need to spend time in store. And they’ll deliver. Saving you the cost of an Uber.

Seasons also delivers and has amazing sales on chicken and meat. But I think they charge for delivery of below a high minimum. But probably still cheaper then an Uber.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics