Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Bed bugs from hotel

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 3:01 pm
We just came back from a 2 night stay at a hotel and I’m noticing I have 3 bites all in a zig zag line on my arm- right below my elbow. My DH noticed that he too has bite marks- about 6 of them going down in a line on his upper arm. My kids don’t seem to have any. The only thing that came to my mind was bed bugs!!! It can be mosquitos too but it’s interesting that it’s in a certain pattern, and my DH rarely gets mosquito bites! Help- what do I do? I washed all the clothes we brought on our trip but do I have to go checking all our other things we brought with us??

satmerer

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 3:24 pm
If it happened to me, I'd first go check it out and make sure its bed bugs. If it is, there are plenty of tips and advice online.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 3:28 pm
Oy vey you’re making me nervous. We had bed bugs and we’re going to a hotel!!!
If you think you have bed bugs wash everything and dry it on the highest setting for half an hour or put it in he freezer for a long time or send it to the cleaners. Put bed bug mattress protectors around every mattress. VAcuum all carpets. Call an exterminator.
I hope it’s not bed bugs!
And clean out your suitcases and maybe ask what to do about your car. Call an exterminator and ask what to do.

Jewishfoodie

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 3:57 pm
See if the hotel you were at is on the bed bugs registry. Any hotel can be looked up. If you're scared, call an exterminator and he can set up traps to see if he catches any. Any glue trap technically will do.

Good luck! I hope it's not bed bugs. If it is, you may want to warn the people who were with you in the hotel if it was an event.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 5:01 pm
Thanks all. I got an exterminator to come and check. I am super nervous!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics