Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Bunk bed recommendations (NY)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 9:10 pm
Hi,
I’m looking for a standard size bunk bed.
Am I better off buying in a place like hatzlacha* or ordering online?
I don’t know what the price range is for this- I’m not looking for anything fancy- really simple, so please share price if you remember.

*this store came to mind but please recommend a place.

(Location- Borough park)
Thank you!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 9:32 pm
Bump!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 9:33 pm
Very happy with the bunk bed we bought years ago at Mega Babies.

asmileaday

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 9:46 pm
What size is standard? 39"? We bought 33" from Hatzlacha and were very happy with the service and price.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 10:50 pm
asmileaday wrote:
What size is standard? 39"? We bought 33" from Hatzlacha and were very happy with the service and price.

Tbh? I thought 39 was standard, now my friend is telling me I should rather get a 33” as room is not that huge to still have a pull out bed... Can't Believe It

But then I saw this online and wonder if it’s scary for a 6 yo to sleep on this?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 10:51 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Very happy with the bunk bed we bought years ago at Mega Babies.

Couldn’t find any on their website. I wonder if they stopped selling bunk beds when they moved? Guess I’ll call them tom.

simba

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 10:54 pm
asmileaday wrote:

Standard twin is 39inches.

asmileaday

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 11:00 pm
simba wrote:
Standard twin is 39inches.

Yeah but for Boro Park tiny apartments most people get 33".

The triple bunk- personally I'm queasy with that. And you probably also need to have a high ceiling.

For a kids room if every inch makes a difference, a 33" is much better. Don't forget that the frame takes up a few inches too. So with a 33" mattress the bunk bed frame would probably have a 36-37" foot print and even bigger for a 39" mattress.

Last edited by asmileaday on Sun, Aug 25 2019, 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 11:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Tbh? I thought 39 was standard, now my friend is telling me I should rather get a 33” as room is not that huge to still have a pull out bed... Can't Believe It

But then I saw this online and wonder if it’s scary for a 6 yo to sleep on this?

Not a fan of this setup

asmileaday

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 11:02 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Not a fan of this setup

Very claustrophobic. And I pity the one who needs to sleep in the middle. No advantages of being on the ground and no advantages of being on top.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 11:04 pm
I bought a bunk bed from Taubus. I’m happy with it - I use it for three kids sleeping in one room - with the trundle.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 11:10 pm
asmileaday wrote:
Yeah but for Boro Park tiny apartments most people get 33".

The triple bunk- personally I'm queasy with that. And you probably also need to have a high ceiling.

For a kids room if every inch makes a difference, a 33" is much better. Don't forget that the frame takes up a few inches too. So with a 33" mattress the bunk bed frame would probably have a 36-37" foot print and even bigger for a 39" mattress.

True. originally I was going to do one of these custom short bunk beds but changed my mind and kids are going into dining room (turning it into a separate room) so have a bit more space there (goodbye couch) and figured will do a normal sz bed. I’m not home now so can’t measure out exactly but overall a 39” will fit but a 33 will for sure give us more room.

High ceiling we have but I was just picturing a kid handing s/t over from top top bed to next bed and landing ch’v down from that height... Can't Believe It

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 11:11 pm
Funny question- with the 33” beds does reg twin sz linen fit or its always shluchy?

asmileaday

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 11:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Funny question- with the 33” beds does reg twin sz linen fit or its always shluchy?

A lot of stores sell 33" sheets with the set.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 11:14 pm
asmileaday wrote:
A lot of stores sell 33" sheets with the set.

Hmm. Just bought nice 39” linen for the country with the plan to use it when we buy the kids a bed...

asmileaday

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 11:15 pm
Closeout connection has a lot of beautiful sets with 33" sheets.

Op measure 39" plus 3-4" more for the frame if it isn't very bulky. Only a high riser won't give you additional inches for the frame.

asmileaday

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 11:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hmm. Just bought nice 39” linen for the country with the plan to use it when we buy the kids a bed...

It's not bad. I've used it. Just tuck it under a little more. You can always give it to a seamstress to cut it down if it bothers you.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 11:20 pm
Deleted. I'm not in Bp anymore. Too much of a shlep to get it there.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Aug 26 2019, 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 11:23 pm
asmileaday wrote:
Closeout connection has a lot of beautiful sets with 33" sheets.

Op measure 39" plus 3-4" more for the frame if it isn't very bulky. Only a high riser won't give you additional inches for the frame.

Thanks. I’m not home now but I know we have at least like 70” in the width of the room plus like 10 feet in the length. Can make the room a wider by 2-3 feet if needed ( easy peasy to move the wall, I mean sefarim shank Wink )

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 11:23 pm
asmileaday wrote:
By the way I have a 33" bunk bed to sell, natural wood color, mattresses included. If you're interested pm me.
I also have an additional matching single bed. We used that when we had a little more room and didn't need to use a pullout under the bunk bed.
We're in a much bigger place now and don't need the 33".

Thanks. Going to pm you. If you have pics I’d love to see.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics