Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
More balanced discussion

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 1:46 pm
I heard this podcast yesterday from an MD who is concerned about many aspects of the current US approach to vaccines but not “anti-vaccine”. When it comes to this topic, everyone has a bias of course, but I felt that her angle was well-informed and reasonable, and did much to explain where many vaccine hesitant parents are coming from. Curious to hear what you think of it.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/.....89761

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 5:48 pm
Most anti-vaxxers aren't totally anti-vax. They are concerned about many aspects of it. Many are pro-safety, pro-choice, pro-transparency. But in today's world, as soon as you question or express a single doubt or concern, you are labeled as an anti-vax quack.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 6:08 pm
I can respect that no one knows who will be the one out of a million to be killed or severely disabled from a vaccine but anti-vaxers lose most of us with conspiracy theories, quotes such as Bill Gates taken out of context or insisting that Hamaspik exists because of vaccine related disabilities.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 6:49 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I can respect that no one knows who will be the one out of a million to be killed or severely disabled from a vaccine but anti-vaxers lose most of us with conspiracy theories, quotes such as Bill Gates taken out of context or insisting that Hamaspik exists because of vaccine related disabilities.

Right, but this thread is not about extreme anti-vaxers.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 6:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Right, but this thread is not about extreme anti-vaxers.

I am trying to explain why they are dismissed as quacks. We can't argue with someone who is afraid of a bad vaccine outcome other than to say that diseases also can have bad outcomes but out of thousands of web pages on imamother on this topic, what percentage say that the fear is simply that the statistical risk won't be on their side? If that is what the fear is, the only thing that can actually be addressed is their fear.

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Aug 23 2019, 10:26 am
Op, thank you for sharing that pod cast link. I found it to be balanced and informative.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics