Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
What kind of sukkah should I buy?

miracleshappen

Post Fri, Aug 23 2019, 11:23 am
This will be our first time buying a sukkah and have no clue what kind we are supposed to buy- there are way more options than I thought.
What’s durable, easy to build, easy to store?

miami85

Post Fri, Aug 23 2019, 11:39 am
A few more details would be helpful: Do you have a porch or an existing framework? So that you are not starting from scratch? What climate are you in ? A sukka in NY would be different than Florida or E"Y. Do you need to keep heat in or out?

How handy are you/husband? b/c if you can put together a basic wooden panel it can be easy to make and store and comes out much cheaper.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Aug 23 2019, 1:32 pm
Dh and I are not handy and our storage area is a long way down from where we build our sukkah, so for us an EZ canvas sukkah is the way to to go. Poles get snapped into to each other and canvas attached with the sewn in velco loops. The only big item to store is the tied together poles. We fold the canvas flat.
Other people have more of a need for a sturdier sukkah, or a sukkah that can withstand staying outdoors all year. There are lots of options and they tailor to people's individual needs and circumstances.
Go in to a showroom and find out which features there are and which ones talk to you.

EMEN

Post Sat, Aug 24 2019, 10:36 pm
This one! http://www.sensiblesukkah.com

amother
Olive

Post Sat, Aug 24 2019, 11:17 pm
EMEN wrote:
This one! http://www.sensiblesukkah.com

The site isn't working properly. How much does it cost?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics