Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Treatment to De-sensitize

pause

Post Fri, Aug 23 2019, 12:54 am
Please share your experiences with any treatment, whether medical or alternative, which helped to de-sensitize your child (or you) to the allergens causing the reaction.

pause

Post Fri, Aug 23 2019, 9:09 am
Bumping for the morning crowd

nanny24/7

Post Fri, Aug 23 2019, 9:13 am
My nephew who was severely allergic to milk did something like this with the Mt Sinai Allergists/Immunologists in Manhattan. They gave him a small amount of milk powder to take every day and slowly increased the amount.
Obviously the risks need to be weighed with the benefits. But I am sure they are responsible in how they assess who is a candidate and how to be prepared to observe in the beginning and treat any possible reactions. Sorry I don't have more detailed info. Good luck!

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Aug 23 2019, 11:03 am
If you are willing to do alternative, we did something called NAET. We had to stop for external reasons, so we never finished the process.
However, my son used to get severe eczema from eating anything that contained eggs. He now can eat eggs!!!

pause

Post Fri, Aug 23 2019, 11:18 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
If you are willing to do alternative, we did something called NAET. We had to stop for external reasons, so we never finished the process.
However, my son used to get severe eczema from eating anything that contained eggs. He now can eat eggs!!!

Can you give me more info on what this is and which provider you used?

Last edited by pause on Fri, Aug 23 2019, 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total

pause

Post Fri, Aug 23 2019, 11:19 am
nanny24/7 wrote:
My nephew who was severely allergic to milk did something like this with the Mt Sinai Allergists/Immunologists in Manhattan. They gave him a small amount of milk powder to take every day and slowly increased the amount.
Obviously the risks need to be weighed with the benefits. But I am sure they are responsible in how they assess who is a candidate and how to be prepared to observe in the beginning and treat any possible reactions. Sorry I don't have more detailed info. Good luck!

Sounds interesting. Gotta see if this is applicable for someone with many allergies.

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Aug 23 2019, 11:24 am
I don't know how they do things now but back when I was an allergic kid the treatment was to inject you with tiny amounts of whatever you were allergic to to build up tolerance. I guess that works for some people but it didn't for me. Each shot put me in bed sick. They lowered my dose 3x and it still made me sick. They said that was the lowest amount they could give so I decided with my parents I'd rather live with the allergies then keep getting sick from shots. Over time my allergies improved on their own. I'm not as allergic to anything now as I used to be.

momsrus

Post Fri, Aug 23 2019, 11:31 am
Pause if you
Manage to find anything out, Plse forward Info to
Me.

I don’t care about the allergies as much as I need to worry about accidental exposure.

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Aug 23 2019, 11:36 am
Quote:
Can you give me more info on what this is and which provider you used?

NAET is a strange treatment but it really works. Vist https://www.naet.com.
It's really hard to explain. I did the treatment for 2 kids. One with severe food allergies. We were able to eliminate the egg allergy and then had to stop for external reasons. My second is asthmatic and was landing in the hospital and on steroids too often. The treatment helped my son and we only stopped when we moved out of NY. He has not been in the hospital since and in over 5 years only on steroids once for respiratory issues since.

There are different practitioners and some are downright weird. But we found a very normal one in Long Island (Chris Lorentzen). I have since moved from NY and have not found one with enough training that isn't too far. But B"H my kids issues are under control, so I don't feel the same urgency to find someone.

aliavi

Post Fri, Aug 23 2019, 1:46 pm
Please note, these suggestions and attempts should only be attempted with medical care for an allergy that has not been confirmed to result in anaphylaxis. (More than one incident and direct connection) If it is, there is no such thing as building a tolerance, the opposite actually happens.

dankbar

Post Fri, Aug 23 2019, 1:57 pm
Kinesiologist Miriam Weider works in getting rid of triggers.

tweety1

Post Fri, Aug 23 2019, 2:53 pm
My sil did that with her child for peanuts. It took abt 1 1/2- 2 yrs, but is totally ok now. Somewhere in the Paramus area if I remember correctly.

tinker-belle

Post Sun, Sep 22 2019, 7:12 pm
We did oral immunotherapy for my son who is highly allergic to peanuts. It took about a year and is amazing. He can now eat whatever he wants. No more airborne or touch reactions. No more reading labels. There is a website all about it OIT101.org and facebook groups about it. We used Dr. Selter in Suffern, NY. Dr. Perin does it in Teaneck, NJ too.

nchr

Post Sun, Sep 22 2019, 7:16 pm
Allergy shots worked really well for two of my adult friends and all of the allergens could be mixed into one shot. They are so so happy they did it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics