Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
How to make brownie bars?
Previous  1  2

cbsp

Post Fri, Aug 23 2019, 9:22 am
ectomorph wrote:
Thank you! Was a huge patchke. Oh well.

Is it still edible despite its looks?

The last time I attempted these I gave up and turned the rest of the dough and batter into hamentaschen and rugelach (it's the same dough I use for both).

Chayalle

Post Fri, Aug 23 2019, 9:46 am
ectomorph wrote:
I just made these. Please look at the picture of my final result and tell me what I did wrong. They all look like this. https://I.imgur.com/WuGNV4g.jpg

I make these all the time and sometimes they come out nicer looking than other times - I've gotten a bit better at it. But you can still cut these up and drizzle with melted chocolate, and they will look nice. They also taste delicious!

I usually make a big batch for my freezer before Y"T and take them out as needed. It's a big hit with my family.

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Aug 23 2019, 12:04 pm
ectomorph wrote:
I just made these. Please look at the picture of my final result and tell me what I did wrong. They all look like this. https://I.imgur.com/WuGNV4g.jpg

You were supposed to make slits in the dough according to the instructions prior to baking. Then a drop of chocolate filling oozes out the two ends and through the slits. You slice the bars where the slits are.
It also looks too browned , like it over baked a drop.
The dough also was rolled too thin where it plotzed open.

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Aug 23 2019, 12:06 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I make these all the time and sometimes they come out nicer looking than other times - I've gotten a bit better at it. But you can still cut these up and drizzle with melted chocolate, and they will look nice. They also taste delicious!

I usually make a big batch for my freezer before Y"T and take them out as needed. It's a big hit with my family.

Yes. Slice them and drizzle with chocolate anyway. The taste should be good. They freeze very well

ectomorph

Post Fri, Aug 23 2019, 12:58 pm
Thank you everyone! They taste delicious. I did forget to slit the top. We r going to enjoy them!

cbsp

Post Fri, Aug 23 2019, 12:58 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Thank you everyone! They taste delicious. I did forget to slit the top. We r going to enjoy them!

Yay! Taste is the most important thing Very Happy

amother
Natural

Post Sat, Sep 25 2021, 10:29 pm
Does anyone know how the recipe posted from Raizys cooking and the one thunderstorm posted, how do they compare?

chanchy123

Post Sat, Sep 25 2021, 11:49 pm
https://I.imgur.com/kf5rMDp.jpg

This is my go-to brownie recipe, many times I also just bake it into a graham cracker pie crust which is also amazing, works great pareve with oil - but amazing dairy with butter too.
ETA I didn't realize this was an old thread - oh well, but if it comes up in your brownie search - I recommend that you try these.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics