Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Breuers girls High school

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 24 2019, 7:42 pm
What can you tell me about it? Is it a typical Bais Yaakov? What elementary school do the girls come from? Are there any girls from outside of Monsey that go there? Where do the girls go after high school? What seminary? What college? What kind of homes are they from? What’s the education and hanhala like?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sat, Aug 24 2019, 11:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What can you tell me about it? Is it a typical Bais Yaakov? What elementary school do the girls come from? Are there any girls from outside of Monsey that go there? Where do the girls go after high school? What seminary? What college? What kind of homes are they from? What’s the education and hanhala like?

My dd went to Bruers. Most girls are from YSV. There are some girls in every grade from Washington Heights. The rest are from Ateres, BYCC, I think.

When we had our interview before my dd was accepted I asked all the questions that you are asking now, especially regarding post high school.

Most girls go to Israel to seminary.(next year 2 are staying locally) They go to all different seminaries including Machon Raya and Lahav. Some girls thought about applying to Michlala, but decided not to go there. Bruers really helps the girls come up with appropriate options, after speaking to the parents. I can find out more information later.

Regarding college, they attend all different colleges. From RCC, FIT, Turo, TTI and local NJ colleges, it really depends on the career choice you dd makes.

I consider the school a bit left from a typical BY school, although it's probably comparable to an OOT BY school. They allow cell phones and encourage a filter. They speak about internet safety on a regular basis.

The education is really amazing. If your dd needs help they offer remedial math and chumush. If your dd finds school easy they have an honors program. In 12th grade they offer college classes.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

amother
Pink

Post Sat, Aug 24 2019, 11:36 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
My dd went to Bruers. Most girls are from YSV. There are some girls in every grade from Washington Heights. The rest are from Ateres, BYCC, I think.

When we had our interview before my dd was accepted I asked all the questions that you are asking now, especially regarding post high school.

Most girls go to Israel to seminary.(next year 2 are staying locally) They go to all different seminaries including Machon Raya and Lahav. Some girls thought about applying to Michlala, but decided not to go there. Bruers really helps the girls come up with appropriate options, after speaking to the parents. I can find out more information later.

Regarding college, they attend all different colleges. From RCC, FIT, Turo, TTI and local NJ colleges, it really depends on the career choice you dd makes.

I consider the school a bit left from a typical BY school, although it's probably comparable to an OOT BY school. They allow cell phones and encourage a filter. They speak about internet safety on a regular basis.

The education is really amazing. If your dd needs help they offer remedial math and chumush. If your dd finds school easy they have an honors program. In 12th grade they offer college classes.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Just want to add the two girls who are staying locally are going to a Brooklyn seminary.

The parents are in business or professionals for the most part.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics