Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Looking for ideas near Hunter Mountain

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 8:44 am
We did the chair lift, went to some parks....
What else is there?
Kids were asking for horseback riding, Zipline but I think they are too young for that.
It’s our last day... and it’s nice out. What can we do??

dankbar

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 9:29 am
Isnt Howe Caverns nearby?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 10:52 am
dankbar wrote:
Isnt Howe Caverns nearby?

It is but we went last year and I didn’t really like it plus it was super expensive
But thanks

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 12:17 pm
catskill mountain country store in windham-- has some animals, a cute park with interesting swings and a 3d pirate ship, a hike in the woods

wading in a creek

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 12:27 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
catskill mountain country store in windham-- has some animals, a cute park with interesting swings and a 3d pirate ship, a hike in the woods

wading in a creek

Thank you- that sounds great but I googled and it doesn’t show animals, just a store. Where are the animals?

doctorima

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 10:41 pm
Giant kaleidoscope at Mt. Tremper, hike to Kaaterskill Falls, zoo and horseback riding at Bailiwick, mini golf and go karts at Puttin Plus

amother
Poinsettia

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 12:01 pm
Hi all. Looking to go to hunters next week sounds like there will be some rainy days. any indoor activities?

amother
Poppy

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 12:45 pm
we stayed in that area a few yrs ago. Here's what we did. we hiked the windham path (stroller friendly), and we went to kelders farm (adorable, can spend a full day there) was abt an hr away, and we hiked by mine kill state park to the falls abt 35 min away (if you have a baby you will need a carrier - there are lots of steps to falls.) then I the way back home we went to holiday mountain ski and fun park, about 1.5 hrs away - but on the way home for us.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 12:50 pm
amother Poppy wrote:
we stayed in that area a few yrs ago. Here's what we did. we hiked the windham path (stroller friendly), and we went to kelders farm (adorable, can spend a full day there) was abt an hr away, and we hiked by mine kill state park to the falls abt 35 min away (if you have a baby you will need a carrier - there are lots of steps to falls.) then I the way back home we went to holiday mountain ski and fun park, about 1.5 hrs away - but on the way home for us.

thanks!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 1:27 pm
I’m the op… we were there a few years ago
I guess I didn’t have such a great time because all there really is there are hikes and animals which I don’t care for either.
We found a small amusement park that was empty! That was really fun for us. I think it was around 30 minutes away.
It’s a nice area. It’s relaxing and scenic but there isn’t much to do. We went to a park with a lake and people were swimming. My kids went in with their clothing. The park was around 1/2 hour away. There is also a nice playground by the Hunter public school. We enjoyed that local park too.
What we really enjoyed was the actual Airbnb we rented. It was really nice with a game room, speakers all around the house- we played our music, the nice private deck with hot tub…
It was a nice vacation but at the end my kids wanted to go go out and do something and I couldn’t figure out what there was.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 1:46 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m the op… we were there a few years ago
I guess I didn’t have such a great time because all there really is there are hikes and animals which I don’t care for either.
We found a small amusement park that was empty! That was really fun for us. I think it was around 30 minutes away.
It’s a nice area. It’s relaxing and scenic but there isn’t much to do. We went to a park with a lake and people were swimming. My kids went in with their clothing. The park was around 1/2 hour away. There is also a nice playground by the Hunter public school. We enjoyed that local park too.
What we really enjoyed was the actual Airbnb we rented. It was really nice with a game room, speakers all around the house- we played our music, the nice private deck with hot tub…
It was a nice vacation but at the end my kids wanted to go go out and do something and I couldn’t figure out what there was.

Do you still have the link of the airbnb?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 16 2022, 4:39 pm
amother Poinsettia wrote:
Do you still have the link of the airbnb?

Yes, I do but since it was a few years ago the price is now exorbitant.
I think we paid $450 a night back then and we thought we were paying sooo much. We checked and now it’s $1600 a night!!!! Prices went crazy the last few years.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics