Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Seeking job for next summer

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 2:07 am
(I know this is identifiable, but please respect my superficial anonymity for now. Job search is not top secret but not widely public either)

I'm looking for a job outside NYC that includes accommodations for myself and two children (day camp age; no mothers helper/babysitter needed) for next summer. If accommodations are not included then I will need a salary that will cover housing and day camp. My family could fit in to either a yeshivish or RWMO group.

NOT HEAD COUNSELOR. I find that the headache and schedule demands are always way above the pay grade for those...though even if the pay were amazing I still wouldn't take it on for any amount of money. I am a hard worker but I hate politics.

For the last few years I have been working at a camp in the Catskills, which I love, and I would rather not go into why I need a switch at this time though I can explain privately how it is no fault of either myself or the camp. I would love to return to the Catskills but I'm open to ideas in other locations outside NYC.

I work in education which brings a helpful background for camp work, and would be able to run educational programming. But what I was very successful with in my current camp is as director of arts programming. In all the time I have been running the arts/crafts/baking program, there has been overwhelmingly positive feedback. I have come in under budget and above expectations each time. Campers learn actual arts and crafts skills, I bring in specialty activities, and nurture their self esteem. I also used the activities to enhance the camp theme and ruach. My impression is that the strong arts programming was a factor in retaining campers who might have gone elsewhere and attracting new campers.

If you hear of any camp outside NYC that is looking for a mature adult to lead an art, craft, or education/tutoring department, please help us get in touch. If you know of a position that is not public yet, please post here and I will contact you or find a way for you to contact me (if you know who I am you can PM)

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 2:30 am
What about cold calling the camps?
I have friends who have gotten jobs that way. See what camps you would be interested in and send a resume/call to enquirer and tell them your skill sets.
You have nothing to lose.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics