Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Bais kaila

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 9:02 pm
can anyone give me information about Bais Kaila hs in lakewood

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 9:06 pm
One of the more open-minded, chilled-out high schools in Lakewood, but I still wouldn't call it "modern". More like "out of town"ish. Still not the easiest to get into. By some miracle we did, and we're very happy BH.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 9:47 pm
I wholeheartedly agree with amother Bronze. My dd's are so happy there, they really care about each student from the top down.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 10:02 pm
We're extremely happy!
My only complain is that it's not too challenging academically !( my daughter is very smart and enjoys learning!)

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 10:23 pm
the teachers are all very experienced mechanchos, who totally 'get' today's generation. (the staff is very yeshivish but extremely open-minded) and the students are a big mix of yeshivish/less yeshivish

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 11:24 pm
I dont have a daughter thats high school age, but they say the happiest girls are the bais kaila girls.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 6:04 am
Bais Kaila is where I came out of my shell and blossomed. Amazing school.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 7:09 am
My daughter is entering 8th grade so I need to start thinking of high schools too. I’ve also heard good things about Bais Kaila. I know there’s peer pressure everywhere but compared to the other schools, how does it compare? Are the girls the types who buy tons of clothing and shoes? Or are they from more simple/hardworking families that think before each purchase? Thank you.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 7:53 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
My daughter is entering 8th grade so I need to start thinking of high schools too. I’ve also heard good things about Bais Kaila. I know there’s peer pressure everywhere but compared to the other schools, how does it compare? Are the girls the types who buy tons of clothing and shoes? Or are they from more simple/hardworking families that think before each purchase? Thank you.

There's all kinds. It's really a mixed crowd!(dare I say? Just like everywhere else in life! Wink )
Peer pressure depends mostly on your daughter's personality!

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 8:21 am
Thanks. My DD unfortunately takes peer pressure very seriously Sad I would love to find her a high school with girls of more simpler tastes if one exists!!!

Chayalle

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 8:49 am
My girls went to BK. In terms of the peer pressure, it wasn't about people of simpler tastes. It was about being free to express your own personality and have confidence in yourself. Neither of my girls were into having expensive designer briefcases, for instance. However, they did have fun choosing briefcases that reflected their tastes and needs, no label necessary.

I think a little peer pressure and learning to deal with it is not a bad thing for a teen, BTW. As long as it's not out of control.

In terms of academics, I found that 9th grade was pretty easy for my DD, but it kind of ramped up in 10th grade. Plus the school has a voluntary program that those who want more academics can take advantage of - there are plenty of extras.

barbara1

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 1:38 am
Chayalle wrote:
My girls went to BK. In terms of the peer pressure, it wasn't about people of simpler tastes. It was about being free to express your own personality and have confidence in yourself. Neither of my girls were into having expensive designer briefcases, for instance. However, they did have fun choosing briefcases that reflected their tastes and needs, no label necessary.

I think a little peer pressure and learning to deal with it is not a bad thing for a teen, BTW. As long as it's not out of control.

In terms of academics, I found that 9th grade was pretty easy for my DD, but it kind of ramped up in 10th grade. Plus the school has a voluntary program that those who want more academics can take advantage of - there are plenty of extras.

My daughter would love to go to bais Kaila but I heard its impossible to get into the school any ideas?.
Someone told me that we need to harass them and have my husband go every day and meet them and the shull to beg them to take my daughter.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 11:36 am
barbara1 wrote:
My daughter would love to go to bais Kaila but I heard its impossible to get into the school any ideas?.
Someone told me that we need to harass them and have my husband go every day and meet them and the shull to beg them to take my daughter.

I'm not sure about BK specifically, but I definitely know cases where that type of harassment seriously backfired.

I think if you know someone who is influential in the school who could speak up for you, that could help.

What about your DD's elementary school principal? They usually have pull with various high school administrations more than anyone.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children