Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Things to do in & near San Diego, CA

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 12:24 pm
What are the must do attractions in or near San Diego for a couple without kids?

queene

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 12:40 pm
https://gocity.com/san-diego/en-us

check this out for great discounts

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 12:56 pm
How long will you be there for? San Diego is famous for Sea World, its zoo, Balboa Park and all of its museums, Seaport village, etc.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 2:59 pm
My DH went with my teens to La Jolla which is in the San Diego area. They spent Shabbos there and loved every minute. My DH said it’s a beautiful place. (I wasn’t there but I’ll take his word for it)

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 3:07 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
My DH went with my teens to La Jolla which is in the San Diego area. They spent Shabbos there and loved every minute. My DH said it’s a beautiful place. (I wasn’t there but I’ll take his word for it)

It's gorgeous there.

The zoo. Mission beach. Tijuana. Shopping.

There was a restaurant we went to for a drink with one side made of glass, and it was in the Pacific. It was a.m amazing engineering feat.

Ellie7

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 3:22 pm
Please don’t go to Tijuana. It is not safe.

The museums in Balboa Park are sort of meh. I’d spend time at the zoo, SeaWorld, and the beach. You can also do water activities (kayaking, paddle boarding) in Mission Bay.

Post Thu, Aug 22 2019, 3:30 pm
Ellie7 wrote:
Please don’t go to Tijuana. It is not safe.

The museums in Balboa Park are sort of meh. I’d spend time at the zoo, SeaWorld, and the beach. You can also do water activities (kayaking, paddle boarding) in Mission Bay.

OP,

Do some investigating and make your decision. I feel Tijuana is safe if you stay in the downtown part that's well policed. DS's camp went there. I am an extremely cautious person. I wouldn't go to Cancun nor the Bahamas. I felt comfortable both going and sending DS there.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sat, Aug 24 2019, 8:26 pm
We went to San Diego without kids last year. The seal Beach is AMAZING. You can spend hours there. We did an amazing speedboat tour.
https://www.speedboatadventure.....iego/
We also did a great helicopter ride and a segway tour. We also went to the zoo which is incredible.
I hope this helps!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 11:02 am
Thanks all for replies. I'm here now did sea world & Torrey pines so far. How is San Diego safari? Is it too hot & do the animals come out in the hot weather?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 9:09 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks all for replies. I'm here now did sea world & Torrey pines so far. How is San Diego safari? Is it too hot & do the animals come out in the hot weather?

Bump

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 9:53 am
There's this frum woman from Monsey that has a website, been there done that. I believe she may have some good places for you to review. g'luck

monkeys

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 10:47 am
Have you gone to La Jolla cove?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics