Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How Old were you and your oldest child when you had #4
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 2:31 pm
My oldest was 5 and I was 27.

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 2:32 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Not sure what "on purpose" means. It wasn't by mistake, but neither did I sit down and make goals (4 kids by 26. 8 kids by 34. 12 kids by 40.)

I was happy that Hashem sent me a child, then another child, then another, and then another. I didn't have any compelling reason to NOT have a child, and I love my children dearly and do my best to care for them properly.

Nothing supermom about it either.

On purpose= no birth control and the pregnancy was wanted.

To someone like me, 4 under age 5 is a super feat because it would be impossible for me to handle it, and I can't imagine what life is like.

SingALong

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 2:52 pm
I was 31 my oldest was 9.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 3:01 pm
I was 28. My oldest was 8

momyland

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 3:20 pm
I was 28 and my oldest just turned 5

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 3:29 pm
I was 29 and my oldest was 9

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 3:42 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Not sure what "on purpose" means. It wasn't by mistake, but neither did I sit down and make goals (4 kids by 26. 8 kids by 34. 12 kids by 40.)

I was happy that Hashem sent me a child, then another child, then another, and then another. I didn't have any compelling reason to NOT have a child, and I love my children dearly and do my best to care for them properly.

Nothing supermom about it either.

I’d change it from supermom to super gebentched. You have been blessed with sanity and the ability to cope under circumstances that many if not most women would feel extremely overwhelmed and possibly resentful. You have also been gebentched with lots of nachas. May your bounty of bracha in your life keep multiplying.

MyKidsRQte

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 7:58 pm
I was 28, and my oldest was 9

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 8:16 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Mazal Tov! Wishing you lots of nachas from them all!

I was 30 and my oldest was 9.

Why are your curious about this?

Same

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 10:03 pm
I had 5 under 5 (with multiples) and then a 6th when my oldest was 7. BH BH bla'h.
It was very much on purpose as 5/6 of them were conceived with fertility treatment. I would do it again in a heartbeat. After going through infertility I would never knowingly try to prevent a pregnancy. My youngest is close to three now and I'm chalishing for another few more but can't afford treatment.
Sure, things were hectic, but nothing crazy unmanageable (despite not having a nanny, or any household help actually.)
I like the quote a few posts up - it's not Super Mom, it's Super Gebentched. Each child is a massive bracha, and I appreciate that I was given the strength to handle them.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 3:13 am
When I had number 4 I was 26 and my oldest was 6.
That was 10 years ago and a house full of teenagers is no picnic either.

The funniest part of this thread to me is all the hugs being given to young mothers of children that are close in age. I'm not sure people really need your hugs, sympathy, or condescension for their life choices.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 5:26 am
I'm 39, my oldest is 12, my middle child is 5, my youngest is 2, and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to have a fourth child.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 2:34 pm
My oldest was 5 and I was 24.

Optione

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 5:13 pm
Me- 27
Oldest- 4.5

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 5:23 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
I’m due soon with number 4 and my oldest is 5, but I had them close together because I am 37. I wonder if the very young moms had their first four so close together on purpose.

I wanted to have my kids when I was young, so I "planned" to have them close together, as I felt ready.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics