Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Breakfast/lunch for FT working, overwhelmed mom, picky eater
Previous  1  2  3

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 7:03 pm
andrea levy wrote:
Fast intermittently and eat whatever you want for the meal a day you do eat. Not suggesting you undereat, just eat it all at once and don’t worry about ‘having’ to eat breakfast and lunch. There’s no rule anywhere that says you HAVE to eat at a certain time. So don’t.

I did see your post on this, and my mother and MIL actually both do intermittent fasting. It won't work for me, though. I'd fall on my face. I need food to keep me going. As I said, I'm on my feet all day.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 7:04 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Sounds like me.
I keep oatmeal packets and protein bars and string cheese at work for those days I didn't manage to get my life together.
Lunchs that I've found work well: pasta and cottage cheese; cold cheese/cream cheese sandwich; sushi salad (rice, cut up veggies and fish- generally leftovers); dinner leftovers like shnitzel that's decent cold. I make whole wheat pancakes or muffins that I keep in the freezer. If I grab it in the morning it's defrosted by 10 or so.

We actually did whole wheat muffins and cookies for a while, but I found that I used to snack on them too much at home. If I left them at work, I'd forget about them!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 7:06 pm
watergirl wrote:
OP, you sound a lot like me. I love pasta. I hate salad and yogurt, etc.

I bought the most amazing thing for my office. A small crock pot lunch warmer - one for meat and one for dairy. It doesnt cook, just heats. I plug it into an outlet by my desk about 1.5 hours before I want to eat. Its perfect for heating pasta, salmon/roasted veg/rice all together, I want. I keep a stock of frozen Tabachnik soup at home and when I have nothing to grab, I take one of those. I hate being fleishing in the middle of the day so deli wont work for me, But I use my meat lunch warmer to heat up psr but I use my needs to heat up pareve vegetable soup that I made in a meat pot, etc.

This thing saved my life at work.

It sounds perfect for someone who has her own space. Unfortunately, I don't have that.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 7:07 pm
HeartyAppetite wrote:
You could take a grilled cheese maker and make yourself grilled cheese in it.

Once again, no space of my own. I can't take the chance that one of the non-Jews would use it without my knowledge.

mfb

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 7:13 pm
Pretzels with chummus or peanut butter
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics