Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Supper ideas to freeze

waterfall

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 11:16 pm
Hi I’m looking for supper ideas that I can freeze. I’m really not good at freezing so ideas how to freeze food would Be appreciated. Thanks

sheindellaya

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 11:42 pm
Meatballs. I put in plastic contrainer and warm in a pot.
Chicken on the bone if has a sauce will freeze well. Freeze in 9x13 and then just stick in the oven to warm
Lasagna also 9x13

hello12341

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 12:00 am
I freeze meatballs in a foil pan with a cover. If not using it soon, sometimes I put that into a ziplock bag. When ready to use, just pop in the oven till hot - no dirty pot or container!
Pepper Steak freezes and warms up nicely the same way.
Everything else I freeze prepared and raw. I bread chicken cutlets and freeze in layers between parchment paper in a 9x13, then just pop out as many pieces as you need when ready to bake. Same with chicken bottoms. I clean them and put whatever spice, sauce, glaze I want and freeze. When ready to use, I bake it fresh. Sometimes I just freeze clean chicken bottoms in a pan, when needed pull it out of freezer and pour on duck sauce and spices and then bake.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 5:09 am
Any type of soup. They all freeze well. If you have a small family, make big batches in a crock pot, and then pack the soup in one quart containers. Label the lids with the contents.

Chili, cholent, beef stew, refried beans, pretty much anything you can make in an instant pot or a crock pot will hold up really well. With fall right around the corner, the possibilities are endless. Take advantage of the last of summer's fresh produce.

Plan ahead and thaw out containers in the refrigerator. It will keep the texture of the food nicer than a fast thaw. Throw together a quick salad and some toasted garlic bread, and you have a perfect meal.

jewwoman

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 6:40 am
I freeze
Soups
Pasta sauces
Meat sauce (ground meat in a sauce)
Meatballs (chicken, turkey or beef)
Shnitsels
Poppers
Chicken and mushroom pies.
I try to batch cook amd take out when needed. But not so good at it.

lfab

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 7:05 am
Most chopped meat dishes freeze well. I freeze meatballs, sloppy joes, shepherd's pie, raw hamburger patties. You can shoshi freezer hearty soups- like a mushroom barley soup with meat in it and just serve with garlic knots and salad. I also prep chicken, freeze raw then just pop into the oven to cook when needed. You could also do the same for fish, prepare raw and freeze until ready to use. I also freeze quiche.

jewish613

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 7:25 am
For those who freeze spiced chicken bottoms raw, how do you defrost/cook them?

lfab

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 7:29 am
jewish613 wrote:
For those who freeze spiced chicken bottoms raw, how do you defrost/cook them?

I either defrost in the fridge the night before or just take out of the freezer in the morning and stick it in the oven before I go to work. Then I set my oven to go on about 2 hours before I'll get home and come home to a fresh cooked dinner.

Rappel

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 7:29 am
Following

jewish613

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 7:38 am
lfab wrote:
I either defrost in the fridge the night before or just take out of the freezer in the morning and stick it in the oven before I go to work. Then I set my oven to go on about 2 hours before I'll get home and come home to a fresh cooked dinner.

And then how long do you cook it for and on what temperature? I find that frozen food takes forever to defrost in the fridge whenever I try it. Is it usually fully defrosted after one night in the fridge or do you cook it for longer to compensate? Thank you!

lfab

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 8:16 am
jewish613 wrote:
And then how long do you cook it for and on what temperature? I find that frozen food takes forever to defrost in the fridge whenever I try it. Is it usually fully defrosted after one night in the fridge or do you cook it for longer to compensate? Thank you!

It does take forever to defrost on the fridge. I cook it longer to compensate.

MiriFr

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 9:09 am
jewish613 wrote:

I move it from the freezer to the fridge 24 hours before I wanna cook it. Set alarms so you don't forget! And if you check on it like an hour before and it's not ready-ish, let finish thawing on the counter.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 9:31 am
I put the frozen raw chicken into the oven early in the morning and set the oven to go on at 3pm. So it sits in the cold oven and is really defrosted by the time it starts baking at 3pm.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 9:48 am
I freeze everything. The easiest though are:
Soups
Meatballs n spaghetti
Chicken bottoms- raw or baked
Cutlets baked in sauce
Raw Breaded cutlets ready to bake
Lasagna
Eggplant parmigiana
Blintzes
Pizza- ready to bake or baked
Rice
Pasta
Farfel

dankbar

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 3:47 pm
Soups that are not too thick
roasts
meat in gravy/sauce
compotes
kugels like lukshen/challa-apple/
pies like apple/cherry
turnover & knishes best if filled in flaky dough raw & then baked before serving
deli roll/raw is better
apple strudel
cabbage/noodles
veggie rice
pasrami orzo
shlishkes
pasta with crumbs
eggrolls filled in raw dough fry before use
most cakes

tryinghard

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 2:54 pm
dankbar wrote:
Soups that are not too thick
roasts
meat in gravy/sauce
compotes
kugels like lukshen/challa-apple/
pies like apple/cherry
turnover & knishes best if filled in flaky dough raw & then baked before serving
deli roll/raw is better
apple strudel
cabbage/noodles
veggie rice
pasrami orzo
shlishkes
pasta with crumbs
eggrolls filled in raw dough fry before use
most cakes

Can you post the veggie rice recipe? How do you freeze it?

dankbar

Post Tue, Sep 17 2019, 3:24 pm
I sautee, onions, garlic with veggies like mushrooms, peppers, celery or whatever you like & mix with cooked brown rice. freeze mixed

Add spices to veggies & to rice
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus