Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Going rate for babysitter/mother's helper?

Leleh

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 9:27 pm
For a college girl. Per hour?

simba

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 9:56 pm
$14

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 10:37 pm
Wow I think that’s a lot! I pay my housekeeper $12 an hour to watch kids when I need and clean. Teachers aids in our school get $15 an hour for helping with over a dozen kids. I pay my college aged babysitter about $12 an hour. Do others pay $14 and up? Maybe I just didn’t get the memo!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Aug 26 2019, 11:46 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Wow I think that’s a lot! I pay my housekeeper $12 an hour to watch kids when I need and clean. Teachers aids in our school get $15 an hour for helping with over a dozen kids. I pay my college aged babysitter about $12 an hour. Do others pay $14 and up? Maybe I just didn’t get the memo!

That’s cheap. Depends how many kids you have but most college kids want at least 15 in NJ.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 9:29 am
My seminary-age DD gets $15 per hour for babysitting. For a steady job, she charges $14 per hour.

watergirl

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 9:38 am
Mothers helper and babysitter are not the same thing. A mothers helper is someone who comes when mom or dad are home. These are usually girls who are too young to babysit but come to play with the kids so mom can do housework. You can pay a mothers helper less than $10/hour because they are young.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 9:47 am
watergirl wrote:
Mothers helper and babysitter are not the same thing. A mothers helper is someone who comes when mom or dad are home. These are usually girls who are too young to babysit but come to play with the kids so mom can do housework. You can pay a mothers helper less than $10/hour because they are young.

That is not always the case. DD had a mother's helper job (actually, both my DD's have been mother's helper for same family for a few summers) where she takes kids to the park or supervises indoor play (weather dependent), sees to it that they eat supper (prepared by Mom), gives them baths, pj's, etc...mother may or may not be home. They definitely wanted someone old enough and responsible to take kids out, and to watch if mother wants to get out....

But the going rate was pretty much the same as babysitting, or a bit less because it's a steady job.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 12:54 pm
I pay babysitters in their 20's $15/hour for two children, ages 4 and 6 in Cincinnati.

Also, I round time and dollar amounts upward and pay for the full booked time on days that I send them home early.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 1:00 pm
I know this is a NY question and I live out of NY but the going rate for post HS babysitters here is $15 an hour too.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 1:08 pm
I think in Monsey it’s between $14 and $16.

happyone

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 1:11 pm
I pay 12.00.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries