Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Newark international flight

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 10:27 pm
If I’m picking someone up coming in from an international flight, how much time after their scheduled arrival should we be there? Thanx.

West End Tova

Post Tue, Aug 27 2019, 11:03 pm
Hard to say exactly. They'll have to go through baggage claim. Are they US citizens or will they have to go through immigration? But in any case, get text alerts or use another way of checking whether the flight is on time or not.

bobeli

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 12:38 am
Usually about an hour after actual landing

yo'ma

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 8:15 am
West End Tova wrote:
Hard to say exactly. They'll have to go through baggage claim. Are they US citizens or will they have to go through immigration? But in any case, get text alerts or use another way of checking whether the flight is on time or not.

It also depends on which country coming from. For example, I believe coming in from Israel, the US citizen line is longer than the the non citizen one, but when I come in from Argentina, it's the opposite. What the other poster said an hour is good, but I've gone through faster than that.

DrMom

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 8:17 am
I'd arrive 15 min after landing. Esp if the person for whom are waiting s a US citizen with only carry-on baggage who is arriving at a not-so-busy hour. In such cases, I've zoomed through Newark.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics