Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Speeding Ticket in NJ - Points Help

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 10:16 am
Is there a ticket fighter I can hire for help?

egam

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 10:19 am
If you can’t find anyone, usually in NJ you can make a deal with prosecutor to cut the points and increase fine. Not ideal, but still better.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 10:30 am
egam wrote:
If you can’t find anyone, usually in NJ you can make a deal with prosecutor to cut the points and increase fine. Not ideal, but still better.

Thanks but we're 3 hours from home and need someone to represent us. We won't be able to come back for court.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 10:31 am
Where in NJ are you? You can hire a lawyer, if that's the route you want to take. It may be worth it, depending on how many points you are talking about.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 10:48 am
Chayalle wrote:
Where in NJ are you? You can hire a lawyer, if that's the route you want to take. It may be worth it, depending on how many points you are talking about.

Mansfield Township.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 11:17 am
Theres a frum lady who gives great advice on lawyers and tickets and points. Shes in lakewood.

nchr

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 11:22 am
Is your license a NJ license?

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 12:07 pm
In NJ you can plea bargain for unsafe driving so you would be responsible for a fine plus court costs but no points. It isn't necessarily the best way to go. Best thing is to consult an attorney. Money very well spent.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 2:41 pm
I was in the same situation. I used a website-speedingticketcounselor.com. They gave me a free consultation to determine if I would need a lawyer for my case. They then put me in touch with a lawyer in the area that fought the ticket for me. I only had to pay the fine but they got rid of the points.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 2:50 pm
[quote="amother [ Amethyst ]"]Theres a frum lady who gives great advice on lawyers and tickets and points. Shes in lakewood.[/quote

Yes, I heard of her as well. Her name is Mrs. Shain on Forest Ave. If you call, ask when she has hours to give advice about a traffic ticket.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 2:55 pm
nchr wrote:
Is your license a NJ license?

NY. But some insurance companies check other states too.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 2:57 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Theres a frum lady who gives great advice on lawyers and tickets and points. Shes in lakewood.

Thanks! Do you have her information?

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 4:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks! Do you have her information?

Mrs Shain 732-364-8046

nchr

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 8:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
NY. But some insurance companies check other states too.

But in order to get points, officially Albany needs to be notified, and it usually is not. With a NY license, I'd pay a NJ ticket and move on. You're welcome to ask a NY lawyer though. There is Matisyahu Wolfberg, who has an e-mail address.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries