Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
GREEN BEAN "FRIES" WITH YOGURT DILL DIP

Amarante

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 9:14 am
GREEN BEAN "FRIES" WITH YOGURT DILL DIP

Notes aren't mine - if you can't find manchego cheese which is made with sheep's milk, you can sub a pecorino Romano, asiago or pecorino. Any kind of yogurt will do and I just used regular mayo Very Happy Almond flour is just almonds ground to a fine consistency.

When I oven "fry" I put the food on a rack I have - the "openings" are smaller than the racks I use for cooling cookies or cake but because the air circulates underneath the bottom gets crispier since it's not laying directly on the pan. I use this for all oven "fried" breaded foods like chicken so it's worth it to try to get one if you do any oven frying and obviously it also works for cooling cookies.

Excerpt From: Kristin Cavallari. - True Roots

SERVES: 4 // COOK TIME: 25 minutes

Green beans or not, say the word fry and my kids are in (especially with a dipping sauce). I’m always looking for ways to get more veggies in for my entire family, not just my kids. These “fries” are healthy since they’re actually a veggie yet manage to satisfy the fry craving. Plus, this yogurt dill sauce is amazing and is good to dip many veggies in, such as broccoli or carrots, so it’s good to have on hand. I use vegan mayo for the dip because I find it has a slightly blander taste—which I think is a good thing—but feel free to use regular mayo. Make the dip first, since it needs to sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.

2 tablespoons olive oil + extra for the baking sheets
1 pound fresh green beans, ends trimmed
2 large egg yolks
¼ cup almond flour
¼ cup grated Manchego cheese
1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Yogurt Dill Dip

1Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and drizzle with olive oil.

2Place the green beans, egg yolks, and oil in a large bowl. Mix well with your hands until the green beans are completely coated. Add the almond flour, cheese, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and pepper and toss to coat.
3Spread the green beans on the prepared baking sheets and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until crispy. Serve with the Yogurt Dill dip.

YOGURT DILL DIP

MAKES: about 2 cups

1 cup plain sheep’s milk yogurt
½ cup vegan mayonnaise
¼ cup chopped dill
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
Pinch of ground black pepper

In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayo, dill, garlic powder, lemon juice, salt, and pepper until well combined. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics