Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Pediatrician for Preemie

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 7:28 pm
Trying to do some research before my baby comes home from the hospital. Does anyone know which pediatricians have experience with preemies?

cbsp

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 7:43 pm
When DS7 was discharged from CHoP NICU (he had a lung issue and was born there via emergency C at 34 weeks) the hospital staff strongly encouraged using Dr. Shanik. That didn't work for us because he only sees children who actually live in Lakewood (and we were only going to be there for a few weeks). The practice arranged for Dr. Lapidus to see him. I thought he did a fine job...

My sister in law is really happy with her pediatrician at Chemed for her special needs son...

Hatzlacha!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 11:19 pm
Which pediatrician at chemed does she use?

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 3:37 am
Dr fenster ( Who used to work at dr shanik)

oneofakind

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 6:03 am
He's not in chemed anymore. He had his own Lakewood practice.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 6:10 am
oneofakind wrote:
He's not in chemed anymore. He had his own Lakewood practice.

Who?

oneofakind

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 6:16 am
Dr. Fenster has his own practice.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 6:19 am
My sister delivered her baby as a preemie in CHOP (due to a medical issue that was corrected surgically right after birth). She uses Dr. Shanik's practice and I know she was happy with them, they were there for her thru the whole ordeal.

B"H this baby is now school age and healthy....

ETA didn't mean to go anonymous for this.

Also I have tremendous confidence in some of the other doctors and even PA's. Personally we've been thrilled with Dr. Lapidus.

amother
White

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 6:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Trying to do some research before my baby comes home from the hospital. Does anyone know which pediatricians have experience with preemies?

If you use dr shanik they strongly advocate for you every step in advance. But if using make first appt ASAP.
Madison Ave is the craziest office.
All other offices are much quieter.
You can find out where else dr shanik works.
I’ve also been thrilled with other drs: dr lapidus once advocated for us a lot in hospital. Dr golub great for well visits (doesn’t do sick visits for personal reasons). Dr haimiwitz. Some great female drs in Toms River, Madison and Howell. You don’t have to see dr shanik (but try for not a pa) the office advocates for you regardless of which dr you see.
It’s also important to know that the docs in the practice have diff philosophies regarding therapy and meds. So it may affect which doc you see. Sometimes the question or appt desk can advise on that.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 6:51 am
AFAIK, Shanik office is not affiliated with CHOP at this time. I’m very happy with Dr. Hirsch at Chemed for my preemie daughter with a lot of medical issues. He is not affiliated with chop either but is a good advocate in Monmouth and jersey shore.

Sebastian

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 7:09 am
Dr hirsh isnt taking new patients

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 7:16 am
oneofakind wrote:
Dr. Fenster has his own practice.

He used to be a pediatrician by dr shanik (never Chemed)

He is a phenomenal pediatrician, so kind and really cares. He is thorough and doesn’t rush with patients.

amother
White

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 7:42 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
AFAIK, Shanik office is not affiliated with CHOP at this time. I’m very happy with Dr. Hirsch at Chemed for my preemie daughter with a lot of medical issues. He is not affiliated with chop either but is a good advocate in Monmouth and jersey shore.

It depends on insurance. I have private insurance and there is no problem with chop.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries