Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift ideas for nurse

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 10:43 am
Mu home care nurse is coming for the last time next week, B"H! I want to get her something, but it needs to be order able online. Looking for suggestions.

I have been at home on bed rest for the past 12 weeks and have had a visiting nurse come to my house to administer the shots. She has been flexible with time, and so so nice, we have become very friendly. I don't have any idea what to give her as a thnak-you/parting gift. I have to be able to order it online because I will be in bedrest until a week after the last shot.

Heres what I know about her: She is probably in her mid 50s, has 6 gown kids and 4 grandkids, all under 2 years old. I'd guess she is pretty health conscious (she is a nurse after all) but doesn't seem super into it. She generally wears basic tank tops and casual shorts, not the fancy type.

Any ideas?

Elfrida

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 10:58 am
She's not allowed to take anything significant from a patient. A nice box of chocolates would fine, or if you don't want to go that way you could order a couple of children's books that she could read with the grandchildren.

Make sure to add a nice card.

shmosmom

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 11:04 am
Agreed about the box of chocolates and a card.
Other ideas can be a scarf or a perfume.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 11:22 am
Gift certificates are nice. You can do one to Ulta or Sephora... or perhaps to a spa...

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 11:26 am
A gift certificate is usually the best idea. Some people are diabetic and they can't eat the chocolates. Some are sensitive to smell so they wouldn't appreciate perfume and so on.
You can put it in a nice paper bag with matching tissue paper. A card expressing your appreciation for all that she's done. Wishes you lots of success with everything.

trixx

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 11:27 am
Agree, a gc and card. You really don't know her. Get an Amazon one or something generic

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 11:35 am
https://www.amazon.com/Nursing.....r=8-4

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 11:41 am
I love the Elfrida's idea of books for the grandkids.
Do you have kids and do you read secular books?
If so, I would get 3-4 favorites.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 11:43 am
I work in health care. Gift cards of a certain value (I think $10?) need to be declared and I am not sure if they can be excepted.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 11:43 am
great ideas, thanks!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics