Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Kind of dumb question about davening/challah

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 6:56 pm
So I was given a tehillim name to daven for when I make challah tonight. I've never done this before, I've always just said the bracha, taken the piece off and thrown it out.

Do I say the bracha and then say tehillim? Any specific one? Or is there a specific tefillah I'm supposed to say? Feel silly asking this question because I'm sure there's no real 'rule' but I want to do it properly if that makes sense.

Thanks!

chicco

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 7:07 pm
יהי רצון מלפניך, ה אלקנו ואלקי אבותינו, שבזכות מצות חלה זו, תזכה
Insert Name
לרפואה שלמה בתוך שאר חולי ישראל במהרה בקרוב אמן

Say this after the original yehi ratzon, you could probably also say it right before you take challah.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 7:25 pm
I would ask the person who have you the name.
It is usually a a group of 40.
When I did it, (and I am not an expert or anything) I would make the bracha and then say that this mitzvah of hafrashat challah is bzichut of xxxx that s/he should have a refuah shelema, ba blessed with a healthy baby, should find their zivug......

iyar

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 7:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So I was given a tehillim name to daven for when I make challah tonight. I've never done this before, I've always just said the bracha, taken the piece off and thrown it out.

Do I say the bracha and then say tehillim? Any specific one? Or is there a specific tefillah I'm supposed to say? Feel silly asking this question because I'm sure there's no real 'rule' but I want to do it properly if that makes sense.

Thanks!
[b]

I’m not an expert. I’m not sure about the tefillah you’re meant to say, but I noticed something else-
Do you really take the piece and throw it out? As in throw it in the garbage? I’m pretty sure that’s wrong. The piece you remove for challah has to be burned. I’ve heard a lot of variations. Burn in the oven, in a grill, on an open flame, with the chametz before Pesach. I won’t tell you what I do because you don’t have to do what I do. You do have to burn it though. Please ask your Rav or Rebbetzin what’s the best way to do that.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 8:37 pm
Some say to double wrap it and throw it out is ok
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions