Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
ISO meat pizza recipe

monkeys

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 8:37 pm
I saw a recipe here recently for a meat pizza made with ground meat, sautéed onions and marina sauce. Anyone know what I’m talking about and have the recipe?

Wife1

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 8:43 pm
Sounds yummy! Following

trixx

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 10:13 pm
I do it with leftover pulled brisket, chicken, London broil etc but I guess you could do it with ground beef too. Just saute onions, add the meat and tons of sauce, put onto a pizza dough or crust or bread etc. I'm sure there are official recipes but that's basically it.

trixx

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 10:14 pm
Just googled and this was the first kosher hit
https://betweencarpools.com/sh.....izza/

monkeys

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 10:19 pm
trixx wrote:
I do it with leftover pulled brisket, chicken, London broil etc but I guess you could do it with ground beef too. Just saute onions, add the meat and tons of sauce, put onto a pizza dough or crust or bread etc. I'm sure there are official recipes but that's basically it.

Thanks. This is pretty much what I did but I think I kept the dough too thick. The inside is taking a long time to bake. We’ll see what happens...

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 10:21 pm
Partially pre-bake the dough rounds otherwise the crust gets too soggy. Then brown the meat, add sauce and seasonings, top dough and bake.

monkeys

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 11:01 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Partially pre-bake the dough rounds otherwise the crust gets too soggy. Then brown the meat, add sauce and seasonings, top dough and bake.
y

That was my mistake- I didn’t prebake the dough. The meat tasted very good but the crust was too thick and a little soggy. I would love to figure out how to make one similar to the one that Fireside restaurant in monsey serves.

I sautéed onions and fresh mushrooms, browned the meat a little and added a jar of marinara sauce.

shmosmom

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 1:52 pm
I love doing it on bought flatbread. So easy and literally no way to mess it up.
Saute onions n whichever meat or chicken ur using (can use cold cuts or leftovers from another day). I also add mushrooms sometimes. I like to sprinkle some basil and oregano.
Spread tomato sauce or pasta sauce or pizza sauce on the flatbread and put ur desired topping and bake till desired crispness
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics