Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Can I bring cooked meat into England from America?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 8:06 pm
Hi we have a 12 hour layover in London. We are not planning on eating any restaurants since they are spending the day at Harry Potter world. I packed some cold cuts. Does anyone know if they will let that in the country? And or string trees cheese?if they can still be sure to eat it on the plane that we will have a long day with just junk Thank you!

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 9:02 pm
Following

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Aug 28 2019, 9:09 pm
Why don't you call the airline?

Elfrida

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 4:34 am
I think as long as the commercial package is sealed they should be ok.

In practice they have never taken any notice of fruit, sandwiches or home made cake that I failed to eat on the plane. Or the Israeli rogelech I used to buy for my mother.

Yummymummy3

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 4:52 am
I've never had any issue with bringing any food in or out of England but if you're nervous then call the airline to confirm.

Raisin

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 6:36 am
It should be fine. I have (and other people I know have) bought cold cuts and cheese many times from the USA. I don't know what happens if you declare it though. In general cooked meat and cheese shouldn't be an issue anyway (as opposed to raw meat). Especially a small amount for personal use.

I would certainly risk it. Its not the airline who will take it away, its the customs when you land.

If it does get taken away you shouldn't have a problem finding kosher food in London. Use isitkosher.uk. There is tons of kosher stuff available either with hechsher or on the list in regular supermarkets or in airport shops. Eg: Nakd bars, walkers plain crisps, kettle chips, nature valley bars, cereal. Alpro soya milk, yogurts and puddings if you keep chalav yisrael. They sell mini strawberry and chocolate milks we like for travelling.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 1:37 am
Thank you for the replies I did ask them but they weren't 100% but said it should be okay. We brought our food in and it worked out great!

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 3:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you for the replies I did ask them but they weren't 100% but said it should be okay. We brought our food in and it worked out great!

Hope Harry Potter world was great too!

I’m a London girl but never been!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics