Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Iso bill organizing app

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 10:29 am
Can anyone recommend an app or program to help organize bills? I'm looking for something very basic, a list of bills, dates they're due, and a way to easily keep track.

PinkandYellow

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 10:00 am
I use excel. The bill, amount, date, payment method/account it's being paid from. I include all bills, monthly payments, credit card payments, tuition payments, etc. Anything that can be reasonably predicted. I check everything a few times a month and update accordingly.

I also have a separate section just for credit cards, with max credit limit, interest, balance, and percent of credit used. For this, I add a column each month so that I can look back and see how my usage has changed over time and update this once a month.

Amarante

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 11:09 am
What are you trying to accomplish?

The easiest way to track when payments are due is to put them on your calendar - whether it is digital or old fashioned paper.

I try to minimize my payments as much as possible. I only use one charge card as much as possible and it has the same due date as my mortgage. I pay my charge card and my mortgage on the same day as I requested that the payment date for my charge card be the same day. You can specifically request that payment dates for charge cards are on a specific date to make it easier to keep track.

All my other bills are on auto-pay and linked to my charge card. I never have to worry about missing a payment and the bills appear on my credit card statements. Credit card statements are on-line so I have excellent records if I ever need to show proof or otherwise track payments. The advantage of paying bills through my credit card is I also get points. I always pay my credit card in full each month so I have no interest charges - obviously if you are not disciplined with your credit card, this might not be the best way to go as "charging" monthly bills and paying interest is not a wise financial move.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics