Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Girls HIgh Schools
1  2  3  4  5  Next

barbara1

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 8:16 am
My daughter is a very high academic achiever and currently at Bnos Bais Yaakov in Lakewood, we are a frum regular background not modern but my daughter is not Yeshvish and Bnos bais Yaakov threw out half off the school this year (any girls that are not the typical Lakewood girl were thrown out) I am desperately looking for a good out of town school. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Anybody have the Contact info to the principal at Reenas Bias yaakov her name is Mrs Chaya Edelman?. Anybody Familiar with Bais Yaakov of Miami as my daughter has some close friends in Miami and would love to go there but finding a boarding family has been very difficult and the schools told me that without a solid boarding family they wont be able to take her.

Chaya123

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 8:26 am
What about Bruriah?

Emotional

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 8:27 am
My friend's daughter is in the same situation as you. Previously in Bnos Bais Yaakov, and was asked to leave. She was recently accepted to Bruriah high school in Edison, along with several friends. It's an excellent school. Maybe look into it?

barbara1

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 8:44 am
We r looking into bruriah sent an application last week(it's a small fortune 24k tuition plus 5k for the van from Lakewood) they wanted to know why she wants to leave her current school I think they are getting suspicious why so many girls want to come to their school this year.we did not hear back from them since responding to their last email.

barbara1

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 8:54 am
Does anyone know how these parents can afford the bruriah tuition as my husband makes a very nice income but 30k for one daughter is really challenging I hope they have some form of financial aid.

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 8:54 am
It makes sense that they are suspicious of all the recent new interest.
It sounds like you have nothing to hide and honesty is always the best policy .
My daughter's friends at Bruriah are very happy there and it has a reputation for academic excellence.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 9:02 am
barbara1 wrote:
We r looking into bruriah sent an application last week(it's a small fortune 24k tuition plus 5k for the van from Lakewood) they wanted to know why she wants to leave her current school I think they are getting suspicious why so many girls want to come to their school this year.we did not hear back from them since responding to their last email.

They probably just want to know why your daughter is changing schools. The cost is typical for most MO schools in NJ. Apply for financial aid and see what you come up with. The "sticker price" is only a start, not unlike buying a car. Just to clarify the responses above - Bruriah is in Elizabeth, Reenas is in Edison. Both are a bit far from Lakewood. According to the internet, the Reenas phone # is (732) 985-5646. Here's the website: http://reenasby.org/contact/

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 9:02 am
Bnos Yisroel of Baltimore is incredible and close enough to Lakewood with enough people always driving back and forth. And a super small school. I love the high school even more than the elem/middle! The principal is, according to my teenage daughter, one of the hidden 36 tzaddikim of this generation.

tryinghard

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 9:04 am
Emotional wrote:
My friend's daughter is in the same situation as you. Previously in Bnos Bais Yaakov, and was asked to leave. She was recently accepted to Bruriah high school in Edison, along with several friends. It's an excellent school. Maybe look into it?

Bruriah is in Elizabeth, I think Reenas is in Edison

bassarah1

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 9:38 am
manhattan high school
outof town theres a ner yisrael community with a girls school in atlanta
los angeles also has

mha3484

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 9:43 am
If you want to go really out of town Hannah Sacks in Chicago might be what you are looking for.

mamaleh

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 10:41 am
Just btw, Reenas has a very strict policy that they don’t take Lakewood girls.

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 11:47 am
Ygw in silver spring takes girls from lkwd. Big mix of girls. Tuition is expensive though.

barbara1

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 11:47 am
I heard they dodnt take any Lakewood girls.anyone have anyone that might b a host family for my daughter in the Miami area as bais yaakov of Miami is a serious option but we can't find anybody that can host her.

teachkids

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 11:50 am
Would it make sense to look at Torah academy of Philly maybe? I think they have some boarders and it's not far to come home for shabbos.

Emotional

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 11:58 am
tryinghard wrote:
Bruriah is in Elizabeth, I think Reenas is in Edison

Thanks. my mistake😃

Emotional

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 12:00 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Bnos Yisroel of Baltimore is incredible and close enough to Lakewood with enough people always driving back and forth. And a super small school. I love the high school even more than the elem/middle! The principal is, according to my teenage daughter, one of the hidden 36 tzaddikim of this generation.

I'm sure you don't mean that people drive a minimum of three hours EACH WAY on a daily basis...

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 12:23 pm
Emotional wrote:
I'm sure you don't mean that people drive a minimum of three hours EACH WAY on a daily basis...

Obviously that's not what I meant. If the girl goes to Baltimore and wants to go home for shabbos every other week or so, it would be doable.

OP, there are a few boarders who go to the Baltimore schools (BY or Bnos). They are both very worth looking into. Closer than Miami or Chicago and no plane ride, distance is much more reasonable.

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 1:30 pm
Reenas and Bruriah are pretty different. Reenas is a small BY. Bruriah is RWMO. Both have excellent academic reputations, though Bruriah's is stronger, partly because the larger school allows for more tracking etc.

Although I don't have a daughter at either we have multiple friends with daughters at both of them, happy to answer any questions I can.

simcha2

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 1:37 pm
mamaleh wrote:
Just btw, Reenas has a very strict policy that they don’t take Lakewood girls.

I never knew that. I wonder if they take the Lakewood girls that are coming from YST. They have a policy that all YST girls are automatically accepted.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics