Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Girls HIgh Schools
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 4:44 pm
There's an organization, Nesivos, one of the things they do is help people figure out where to send their teens to high school.

I heard there's a new school opening this year in Lakewood for 11th grade. It's probably not for your dd because you describe her as a high achiever and I heard it's going to be more inspiring and less emphasis on marks. But it might be a fit for other girls who "aren't good enough" for Bnos Bais Yaakov.

barbara1

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 4:56 pm
Which school is "yst"?

barbara1

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 5:14 pm
yes the new school is not for my daughter .Nesivos was not really able to help me with my daughter.

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 5:17 pm
barbara1 wrote:
My daughter is a very high academic achiever and currently at Bnos Bais Yaakov in Lakewood, we are a frum regular background not modern but my daughter is not Yeshvish and Bnos bais Yaakov threw out half off the school this year (any girls that are not the typical Lakewood girl were thrown out) I am desperately looking for a good out of town school. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Anybody have the Contact info to the principal at Reenas Bias yaakov her name is Mrs Chaya Edelman?. Anybody Familiar with Bais Yaakov of Miami as my daughter has some close friends in Miami and would love to go there but finding a boarding family has been very difficult and the schools told me that without a solid boarding family they wont be able to take her.

I don't have daughters

But I fit into your genre
Definitely not Lakewood but too poor and too much into Chabad values to be Teaneck MO
All my friends rave about the girls school in Atlanta

simcha2

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 5:33 pm
Yeshiva shaarei tzion

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 5:42 pm
barbara1 wrote:
yes the new school is not for my daughter .Nesivos was not really able to help me with my daughter.

I'm so sorry. This is so not fair what BBY is doing to their girls. It's time for these schools to realize that these girls ARE Lakewood type, there are so many amazing people in Lakewood who don't fit the Lakewood stereotype, but in any other city they would be really frum.

barbara1

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 6:27 pm
Who can I speak to at bruriah that is in charge?

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 6:37 pm
barbara1 wrote:
Who can I speak to at bruriah that is in charge?

They're getting a new principal this year, but the office staff is great- try just calling the office

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 6:41 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
There's an organization, Nesivos, one of the things they do is help people figure out where to send their teens to high school.

I heard there's a new school opening this year in Lakewood for 11th grade. It's probably not for your dd because you describe her as a high achiever and I heard it's going to be more inspiring and less emphasis on marks. But it might be a fit for other girls who "aren't good enough" for Bnos Bais Yaakov.

Any idea what the new school is called?

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 6:43 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Any idea what the new school is called?

Check this week's voice
Voiceoflakewood.con

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 6:44 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Check this week's voice
Voiceoflakewood.con

Thanks!

barbara1

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 7:02 pm
The new school is ashira bais yaakov . Does anyone have any information on a second new high school opening up this coming year in lakewood?

barbara1

Post Sat, Aug 31 2019, 9:00 pm
Does anyone know of any boarding homes in Miami?

barbara1

Post Sat, Aug 31 2019, 9:13 pm
Does anyone have direct phone number or email to Rabbi Oretz from Bruriah?

amother
Papaya

Post Sat, Aug 31 2019, 11:09 pm
barbara1 wrote:
Does anyone have direct phone number or email to Rabbi Oretz from Bruriah?

He left the school this summer to make Aliyah. Sorry. Try the offices though. All the office staff is excellent in my experience.

Post Sat, Aug 31 2019, 11:22 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
He left the school this summer to make Aliyah. Sorry. Try the offices though. All the office staff is excellent in my experience.

Bruriah parent here. Rabbi Oratz is staying for the coming academic year and is making Aliyah afterwards.

Emotional

Post Sat, Aug 31 2019, 11:33 pm
simcha2 wrote:
Yeshiva shaarei tzion

Is that an elementary school? Where are they located?

amother
Blonde

Post Sat, Aug 31 2019, 11:33 pm
[Would it make sense to look at Torah academy of Philly maybe? I think they have some boarders and it's not far to come home for shabbos.]

It's called kosloff Torah academy

amother
Papaya

Post Sat, Aug 31 2019, 11:42 pm
1091 wrote:
Bruriah parent here. Rabbi Oratz is staying for the coming academic year and is making Aliyah afterwards.

Oh wow! When was that decision made? A teacher there told me otherwise 2 weeks ago. Crazy that it fell through so last minute

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 7:50 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
Oh wow! When was that decision made? A teacher there told me otherwise 2 weeks ago. Crazy that it fell through so last minute

That’s what they announced to the parent body last Aprilish, that he’d be here this coming year to transition the role. It would be a big surprise to all of us if that wasn’t the case.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics