Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Quotes from the Education Thread
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 6:40 pm
I grabbed random quotes from the education thread and added my small revision in blue about the current vaccination situation in NYS.

Quote:
What's astounding is that some people are so obsessed about the chassidishe yeshivas measles outbreak that they're failing to see the big picture. How can you not see that this is so far overreaching that no private school - no matter what caliber - is willing to put up with it? Nor should they.

If they'd be proposing a minimal basic education mandating MMR, no one would be fighting this. They want to regulate every detail of the curricula our parenting choices which they have no business doing

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 6:41 pm
This one speaks for itself

Quote:
Many of those involved, actually all of those involved, I wouldn’t trust as far as I can throw them. You shouldn’t either. They are not being truthful with the general public, because it doesn’t fit their agenda

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 6:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This one speaks for itself

Quote:
Many of those involved, actually all of those involved, I wouldn’t trust as far as I can throw them. You shouldn’t either. They are not being truthful with the general public, because it doesn’t fit their agenda

What is it saying for itself?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 6:43 pm
Quote:
In other words I'll believe what I want to believe.

Don't confuse me with the facts about possible risks to vaccinations. I'll just ignore them and start with the hate and the accusations.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 6:44 pm
Quote:
Even if it was true, not giving the government control and authority over of the schools and keeping them out of parental choice is a VERY important issue in its own right.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 6:46 pm
Quote:
It Religious exemption repeal is coming from someone who does not have the best interests of the frum world at heart. And being funded by people who are very dedicated to fighting the frum world. As an absolute rule you are better off not taking advice and coming under control of those who have interests and values antithetical to yours. No matter what the issue is.

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 6:47 pm
OP - this isn't anywhere near as cute as you think it is.

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 6:48 pm
It seems like antivaxxing philosophy has replaced Judaism completely for some people

Hashivenu alecha v nashuva .....

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 7:02 pm
Quote:
Education is Hasidic schools The measles outbreak is just an excuse for the party faithful and the useful idiots. The real reason behind the regulations repeal of the RE is that their campaigns are funded by Pharma. Therefore the Democrats are trying to appease their donors.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 7:04 pm
Quote:
Not understanding what the chassidish boys school system measles outbreak has to do with my kids' schooling and mandating a gazillion other vaccines. Its apples and oranges.

If dodge caravans are found to have failing brakes, then require all dodge caravans to have their brakes fixed. Dont mandate that every single car owner fix their working brakes!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 30 2019, 7:09 pm
Quote:

If a certain school had a rodent infestation, them it would be appropriate to mandate that they set traps/poison whatever in order to fix their rodent problem.
It would not be appropriate to mandate that all schools across NY set traps and poison for a problem that THEY DO NOT HAVE

If there's a measles outbreak, mandate MMR and not other diseases that are not contagious!!!

southernbubby

Post Sat, Aug 31 2019, 11:59 pm
What about schools that wouldn't accept non-vaccinated children even before REs were repealed?
Teachers who were pregnant and lost immunity felt at risk by these students and threatened to quit. The kids could get vaccinated but the teachers couldn't.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 10:14 am
Quote:
Actually if the government started going after all underperforming schools people who aren't up to date on their vaccines - adults without boosters, medical exemptions....nobody would be screaming anti-Semitism religion because there would be too many public schools others included.

These regulations This repeal seem a lot more anti-Semitic religious than an across the board focus on all underperforming schools. those who aren't immune.

(Please don't give me the party line of entry to schools are the only way to enforce vaccine mandates

If the government is sincerely motivated and interested in fixing underperforming schools avoiding outbreaks then that party line is nonsense.)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 10:16 am
Quote:
The mistake they made was making this an all or nothing, instead of sticking to the necessary basics, and allow private schools parents and doctors to make their own choice

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 10:20 am
Quote:
If you want your kid to play an instrument, or do any other extracurricular stuff, be vaccinated by all means - go for it! Nothing non jewish or anti-Torah about it. But to have it shoved down our throats, all in the name of "educationpublic health", no thank you!
All these extras (vaccines for non-contagious diseases) have got nothing to do with education public health, nor with making sure our kids are employable healthy in the future.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 10:23 am
This post is a mashal for the education issue, so I will leave it as is and post my take after it.

Quote:
Yes, and its a sorry thing that they have to go to school with rats. But im not willing to make their school rodent free at the expense of my child.
Sorry.

And guess what. Its really not so hard to make sure that the rodent infested schools fix their problem. There was no reason to blow this whole thing up to this degree.

Stay focused on the measles outbreak and preventing that. No need to get rid of religious exemptions (check out the percentage of kids with RE's who got measles) for all diseases when quarantine was an option to prevent the spread of measles or mandating MMR only.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 10:25 am
Quote:
Why do you worry about my kids ? Worry about your own. Again,if you don’t like it the way things are run in frum yeshivos find a different place for YOUR children . Don’t tell me what I should or should not want for my children. I no longer live in the USSR. I Live in the USA where I have freedom to choose the type of education medical interventions I want for MYchildren.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 10:27 am
Quote:
They are imposing unnecessary mandates that will force either longer school days, or cutting out other classes (such as Judaic studies) on ALL private schools all vaccinations, regardless of performance if the disease is contagious or if that specific child can medically handle vaccinations.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 10:33 am
Quote:
If the board of regents DOH, CDC would be thinking straight and not... whatever it is they're doing they would require vaccines for outbreak-prone diseases, such as MMR. The reason they don't want to go this route is because the public school system is vaccines are failing. Instead of doing the work they need to do to bring the public schools vaccines up to par in both safety and effectiveness, they're changing the definition of school to time spent instead of goals oriented. public health to mass vaccination. These regulations are just more big government when we need less government in our lives right now.

nchr

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 10:43 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
It seems like antivaxxing philosophy has replaced Judaism completely for some people

Hashivenu alecha v nashuva .....

A psychiatrist told me because its pathologically rooted. You have magical thinking, placebo effects of alternatice medicines, anxiety and mistrust, etc. It's just a cocktail that creates what you are describing.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics