Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Medical Exemptions
Previous  1  2  3  4

nchr

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 7:11 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
What about kids who were born in the 1950s and 1960s? They weren't dying and they were much healthier than today's generation where some say half the kids have a chronic condition. Kids in the 1950s and 1960s also got 4 vaccines - not 17.

They are the generation who are suffering from drug addiction today because there was no medicine to treat their ADHD, anxiety, depression, etc. as children so they self medicated. Do you know how many of this generation are functioning externally but not internally? There are very many research papers on this generation, so I find it bizarre you would choose them.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 7:22 pm
nchr wrote:
They are the generation who are suffering from drug addiction today because there was no medicine to treat their ADHD, anxiety, depression, etc. as children so they self medicated. Do you know how many of this generation are functioning externally but not internally? There are very many research papers on this generation, so I find it bizarre you would choose them.

But as CHILDREN they were not diagnosed with allergies, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy etc.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 7:26 pm
nchr wrote:

Yeah, they were just never diagnosed. My stepfather has the worst case of ADD I have ever seen, but in school they just told him that he was lazy and stupud and would never amount to anything. And my dh (almost 59) is for sure on the Autism spectrum, but do you think anyone picked up on that as he got kicked out of every yeshivah in Brooklyn? Nope. Previous generations had PLENTY of problems. They just didn't know any better, and just thought they were "bad" and or "stupid". For really severe problems, they went into institutions. But the diagnoses that we have now DIDN'T EXIST then.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 7:28 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
But as CHILDREN they were not diagnosed with allergies, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy etc.

Except that my uncle and aunt were both diagnosed in the '60's with severe food allergies, and my mother with asthma. And still, a lack of diagnoses does not mean that a problem wasn't present.

teachkids

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 7:30 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
What about kids who were born in the 1950s and 1960s? They weren't dying and they were much healthier than today's generation where some say half the kids have a chronic condition. Kids in the 1950s and 1960s also got 4 vaccines - not 17.

My father is one of 5. Or the four born in that time period, there's ADHD, asd,depression, anxiety, psrorisis , celiac, diabetes, all not diagnosed till adulthood because no one was looking for them. The youngest, who got all the shots, is the healthiest.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 7:38 pm
teachkids wrote:
My father is one of 5. Or the four born in that time period, there's ADHD, asd,depression, anxiety, psrorisis , celiac, diabetes, all not diagnosed till adulthood because no one was looking for them. The youngest, who got all the shots, is the healthiest.

I think if your father's family had diabetes, allergies, asthma or epilepsy as children it would have been diagnosed as children.

Most of the conditions you describe (anxiety, diabetes) can develop as adults.

teachkids

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 7:40 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
I think if your father's family had diabetes, allergies, asthma or epilepsy as children it would have been diagnosed as children.

Most of the conditions you describe (anxiety, diabetes) can develop as adults.

The diabetes was developed as an adult, but apparently looking back at stories it's clear the anxiety was there. As was the ASD, ADHD and the autoimmune skin issues.

Last edited by teachkids on Sun, Sep 01 2019, 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 7:40 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Yeah, they were just never diagnosed. My stepfather has the worst case of ADD I have ever seen, but in school they just told him that he was lazy and stupud and would never amount to anything. And my dh (almost 59) is for sure on the Autism spectrum, but do you think anyone picked up on that as he got kicked out of every yeshivah in Brooklyn? Nope. Previous generations had PLENTY of problems. They just didn't know any better, and just thought they were "bad" and or "stupid". For really severe problems, they went into institutions. But the diagnoses that we have now DIDN'T EXIST then.

In the 1950s and 1960s doctors knew how to diagnose diabetes, allergies, asthma and epilepsy. These illnesses were extremely rare. Not anymore, since CDC quadrupled the vaccine schedule.

nchr

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 7:55 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
In the 1950s and 1960s doctors knew how to diagnose diabetes, allergies, asthma and epilepsy. These illnesses were extremely rare. Not anymore, since CDC quadrupled the vaccine schedule.

My cousin (born in late 50s or early 60s) has epilepsy. I didnt even know people blame that on vaccines.
Allergies and asthma were misdiagnosed all the time, or those with severe allergies died. I know plenty of 80+ year olds who grew up with allergies... asthma was not rare. Years ago, several children had what they called "chronic cough." They are rare for children living on farms and who play with dirt.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics