Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Do you put picture on your WhatsApp account?
1  2  3  Next

stillgrowing

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 3:18 pm
Without getting into a whole heated conversation, I'm just wondering why someone would or would not post a picture of themselves on a WhatsApp profile?

bigsis144

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 3:20 pm
I do because I am only in family and women’s-only-community WhatsApp groups. I appreciated being able to put names to faces when I moved to a new community, and don’t mind extending that courtesy to others.

stillgrowing

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 3:29 pm
Op: I put my pictures on because I'm on a big community all women WhatsApp and I sort of want people to know who I am if I run into them. I don't have many friends here so I figured it would be a good way of not being so annonymous. But I'm also on a shul WhatsApp ( not a chat, only the moderator can post , just a way of giving over information) and it just makes me a bit uncomfortable. No judgement please. Just expressing totally honest feelings.

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 3:33 pm
When I had WhatsApp I did not. I didn't like the idea of random men seeing me. I don't use social media or post any photos of me online. WhatsApp is no different.

shmosmom

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 3:42 pm
Yes, I just chose one decent picture. If I'm comfortable to walk like that on the street then I should be comfortable if my contacts see a picture of me dressed that way.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 3:44 pm
No I do not. I just dont like having my picture out there for any joe shmoe to see (and god forbid use)

tigerwife

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 3:49 pm
I see no reason to share a photo of myself with the world.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 3:52 pm
Nope

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 3:59 pm
Usually I put a picture of my kids or my face with my kid. But I am only on WhatsApp with my family and some female friends.

etky

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 4:00 pm
I have a picture but not of me. Just a random image that I chose to fill the space with something positive and colorful. So I chose cupcakes. Smiling cupcakes. Smile

seeker

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 9:53 pm
Yes, a simple headshot. Nothing uncomfortable about that to me. It's just my face so people can know who they're communicating with. I appreciate when others do the same because sometimes it feels awkward when someone sends me a message as if I should know them but I actually have no idea. Or there could be someone on the community group and they're identified by name but I'm still not sure who it is because I'm really not amazing at remembering which name goes with which person even when we've been seeing each other around the neighborhood for a couple of years.

simba

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 9:55 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Usually I put a picture of my kids or my face with my kid. But I am only on WhatsApp with my family and some female friends.

Doesn’t anytime who have watsapp and have your number saved then have access to you on watsapp and can see your pictures?

Boca00

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 9:58 pm
simba wrote:
Doesn’t anytime who have watsapp and have your number saved then have access to you on watsapp and can see your pictures?

Yes. I was never comfortable having my photo up for this reason.

seeker

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 10:22 pm
simba wrote:

So what? It's not a picture of my exotic vacation or embarrassing Purim costume, you can't even see if the room behind me is messy. It's a basic head shot so people know who you are. Does it bother you that people see your face when you go shopping, to shul, to pick up your kids, to the doctor's office? Which creepy thing exactly could happen as a result of putting a profile picture on WhatsApp that would not happen without it? Asking out of honest curiosity.

out-of-towner

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 10:25 pm
I used to have a picture of my baby on there but now I use it as space to advertise a business venture of mine and my husband's. I'm on many community WhatsApp groups and this is free easy advertising.

Optione

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 10:45 pm
I usually put a picture, but not one with people.

gibberish

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 10:49 pm
You can set your privacy settings so only your contacts can see your photo.

giselle

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 11:01 pm
gibberish wrote:
You can set your privacy settings so only your contacts can see your photo.

I have 874 contacts.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 11:03 pm
giselle wrote:
I have 874 contacts.

Mrs. Popular !

I have a total of 10 contacts

giselle

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 11:07 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Mrs. Popular !

I have a total of 10 contacts

On your entire contact list?

I don’t even remember who half of them are.

Btw I do have a photo up. But for this reason I understand why ppl may not want to.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics