Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Diapers without wetness indicator??
Previous  1  2

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 9:36 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Don't listen to me. I eat fresh broccoli and strawberries. My birth control decisions are between me, my doctor, and DH.

Hashem gave me a brain for a reason. If you didn't get one, then carry on.

Ouch. What is up with the snark?

sky

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 9:48 am
Don't listen to me. I eat fresh broccoli and strawberries. My birth control decisions are between me, my doctor, and DH.

I respect you as a person. You don’t need to follow my rav or what he says.

I just think there is a decent way to speak to others. Previous posters said what you said in a much more respectful manner without bashing people or ravs.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 9:50 am
ra_mom wrote:
Ouch. What is up with the snark?

IMHO, the chumra of the month club is destroying true yiddishkeit, and if we carry on this way we run the very real risk of driving people OTD. It's a dangerous, slippery slope.

Why can't we just be normal? Mainstream halacha gives us what we need. Putting walls around fences around fences just makes people end up feeling trapped and resentful.

I may not have expressed myself so gently or eloquently on this thread, but that's because some days I just CAN'T anymore. If I roll my eyes any harder, I'm going to need new glasses. Nerd

miami85

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 10:10 am

My problem with this comment is that you are relying on your own "knowledge" rather than seeking "daas torah" which is antithetical to the chazal "asei l'cha rav." Not all rabbis are experts in all areas of halacha, and just like you don't ask a GI about ENT concerns, a competent Rav or Posek should be an "expert" in his field of halacha (or should know when to refer to higher up)--whether it be medical, technological or marital issues. Thus, knowledge of why these things are problematic and what the current philosophy, da'as torah, technology is.

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 11:48 am
sky wrote:
I respect you as a person. You don’t need to follow my rav or what he says.

I just think there is a decent way to speak to others. Previous posters said what you said in a much more respectful manner without bashing people or ravs.

I'm with you.

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Aug 29 2019, 11:50 am
IMHO, the chumra of the month club is destroying true yiddishkeit, and if we carry on this way we run the very real risk of driving people OTD. It's a dangerous, slippery slope.

Why can't we just be normal? Mainstream halacha gives us what we need. Putting walls around fences around fences just makes people end up feeling trapped and resentful.

I may not have expressed myself so gently or eloquently on this thread, but that's because some days I just CAN'T anymore. If I roll my eyes any harder, I'm going to need new glasses. Nerd

It's not as if you don't make any sense. But the written word comes across sometimes very harshly. I'm sometimes guilty of that myself and irl I'm rather pleasant and gracious.
What I would suggest is get Daas Torah that is normal according to your perspective of normal. It doesn't mean that we don't need Daas Torah. That's a mistake.

thegiver

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 11:34 pm
Hey ladies no need to get upset. My rav said if u can find without the wetness indicator it is better. He never said it was assur. I called Luvs and they said ultraguard doesnt have wetness indicator but triple leakguard does. Hooray 😃
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics