Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Who do we trust??
Previous  1  2

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 7:27 am
Because in 1991 there wasn't this liberal mindset dominating America. There wasn't google, Facebook, and blogs spreading mass hysteria.
And if the frum news sites would not have riled things up, no one would have cared about the evening of information in the Atrium.

simcha2

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 7:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I found article written by Paul offit applauding NY for this current law yet when there was measles outbreak in 1991 in Philadelphia witharound 1600 cases and 9 who passed. They still didn’t take such drastic measures as NY. Why is that. ?

Because it was nearly 30 years ago.
30 years ago the whole landscape of the anti vax movement was different (also it was nearly 30 years earlier in Paul Offitt's career so he didn't have the same clout).

I don't get this whole thread.

tryinghard

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 12:33 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Because in 1991 there wasn't this liberal mindset dominating America. There wasn't google, Facebook, and blogs spreading mass hysteria.
And if the frum news sites would not have riled things up, no one would have cared about the evening of information in the Atrium.

There are a lot of people who actually get their information from other sources, think for themselves, aren’t on Facebook, don’t read blogs, aren’t liberal in any way, shape or form... And still got very upset about the Frum antivaxxers.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics