Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Tips and tricks for the pregnant mother of young children

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 4:22 pm
I'm currently pregnant with a toddler and a baby (well, almost toddler too). My standards are super low for what I aim for when it comes for household management (clean clothes, food, no obvious odors or garbage lying around, etc), but there are times when things slip and I end up with this huge mess of a house and life and everything becomes this big project. I also don't like scrambling when I want to have someone over and I don't feel things are up to par. I don't currently have cleaning help (occasionally but nothing regular due to finances) and I'm willing to live with a certain amount of mess and clutter, but I'm looking for tips on how to maximize my time and energy to up my game just a little so that I feel like I have more control over what's going on and things aren't left until they're these big projects.
Remember, I'm pregnant, so my physical energy and mobility levels are low (though my mental energy may be fine at times) and I can't bend or to anything too physical for too long. I'm not necessarily talking about things like plan your week on Sunday, though that's great too, but someone on another thread was saying stuff like spend 10 minutes a night sweeping up, or things like (from babycenter):
Forget sorting laundry. Wash everything in cold water.
Store sets of sheets and pillowcases inside unfolded pillowcases to make bed changes fast and easy and minimize clutter in your linen closet.
Etc.
what are your tips, time savers, etc?
I'm generally an organized person and when I'm motivated I can really hustle, but when I'm tired - physically, mentally - and I'm spending lots of time cleaning up messes (like spilled food, accidents, etc) things slip.
(My husband helps too but is also limited in what he can do.)
Thank you!!

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 5:21 pm
I don't have any tips really. Just that I feel you. I'm pregnant thank G-d with a baby, and don't have as much energy to do housework and take care of my baby. I try to do as much as I can when I do get a burst of energy and my baby is behaving or sleeping. I dont have cleaning help. Just take it day by day. Yes sometimes theres no laundry and dishes are piled in the sink or supper is just tuna sandwiches. But hey, This time will pass and be a memory and I'll have my beautiful babies please G-d.

alibaba1

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 5:38 pm
Fold laundry when its still warm from the dryer, then you dont need to iron it. buy a big rol of plastic tablecloth and cover ur table before every meal. that way u can just fold all the disposables and spills inside the plastic and the table is clean underneath. only make food in the oven so u dont need to wash pots. take along supper to the parc so u dont dirty your kitchen again. Good luck and feel better!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 8:25 pm
alibaba1 wrote:
Fold laundry when its still warm from the dryer, then you dont need to iron it. buy a big rol of plastic tablecloth and cover ur table before every meal. that way u can just fold all the disposables and spills inside the plastic and the table is clean underneath. only make food in the oven so u dont need to wash pots. take along supper to the parc so u dont dirty your kitchen again. Good luck and feel better!!

Thank you! These are some great ideas
Thanks for the support

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 8:26 pm
Don't bother folding laundry, just put in the drawer
only 1 very messy toy with little pieces out at a time
buy activities the kids can do in the house
menu plan and shop only once per week
simplify menus

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 8:30 pm
Dh helps pick up the toys when he gets home because bending is so hard for me now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics