Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Maariv minyan on the way to Niagara Falls

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 4:35 pm
I'd like to leave the house late afternoon (around 5-6) to travel through the early evening hours to Niagara. Is there any place where we can find a minyan Maariv on the way?

Or is there a late Maariv minyan in Chabad Niagara?

GetReal

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 7:18 pm
Where are you traveling from?

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 7:36 pm
You might be able to catch a Maariv at Chabad of Binghamton, but I don't know exactly what time they daven. You will probably be too late for the Minyan in Syracuse, but you could try Rochester and Buffalo depending on what time you get there. I doubt there is a reliable late minyan in Niagara.

ETA: Most of these places have ONE minyan and that's it, so your timing makes a very big difference.

Binghamton Chabad Maariv: Tzeis Hakochavim (about 8:15 today probably)
Binghamton Hillel Maariv: 6:45 pm
Beth David Binghamton Maariv: 7:30 pm this week (http://www.bethdavid.org/minaymim/)

Syracuse/DeWitt: Mincha-Maariv 7:15 pm

Yeshivah Chofetz Chaim in Rochester may have a 10:00 pm minyan, but you might not make it there in time.

Other than that, check Godaven.com when you're on your way. It's not perfect but a very good start.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 8:35 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
You might be able to catch a Maariv at Chabad of Binghamton, but I don't know exactly what time they daven. You will probably be too late for the Minyan in Syracuse, but you could try Rochester and Buffalo depending on what time you get there. I doubt there is a reliable late minyan in Niagara.

ETA: Most of these places have ONE minyan and that's it, so your timing makes a very big difference.

Beth David Binghamton Maariv: 7:30 pm this week (http://www.bethdavid.org/minaymim/)

Syracuse/DeWitt: Mincha-Maariv 7:15 pm

Yeshivah Chofetz Chaim in Rochester may have a 10:00 pm minyan, but you might not make it there in time.

Other than that, check Godaven.com when you're on your way. It's not perfect but a very good start.

Thanks so much! This is really helpful!

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 9:50 pm
GetReal wrote:
Where are you traveling from?

From the Imamother unwritten rules: "If no location is specified, it means Brooklyn."

tryinghard

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 11:14 pm
If you are indeed coming from Brooklyn, it’s about 6 hours minimum to Rochester (depending on traffic) - so that would get you in around 11-12. It’s probably best to try for a minyan in Binghamton which should work out time-wise

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Aug 25 2019, 11:41 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:

Beth David Binghamton Maariv: 7:30 pm this week

Beth David doesn’t get a minyan most weekdays. Hillel doesn’t have a weekday minyan at all. Chabad’s minyan is 7:30 for mincha this week with maariv following.

doctorima

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 8:23 pm
Probably too late for OP, but for future reference, the last time we did this, we planned to stop in Scranton for mincha/maariv. It's only about 2.5 hours from Brooklyn and has reliable minyanim, and after maariv, you shouldn't have any traffic the rest of the way, though it's still 4ish hours to Niagara from there.

thanks

Post Mon, Sep 02 2019, 10:43 pm
Monsey, Monroe.
Also if you go up the 17 you can daven in moutaindale or south fallsberg.
Itheca is another option.
It all depends what time you leave, and what route you take.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics