Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
NYC Measles Outbreak is Over
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 9:29 am
As reported in the news, the outbreak is over and the emergency order mandating vaccines will be lifted.

ETA: https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

southernbubby

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 9:37 am
Great news but repairing the damage to family, community, school etc relationships needs to begin and both sides need to come together and figure out a way to proceed.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 9:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
As reported in the news, the outbreak is over and the emergency order mandating vaccines will be lifted.

removed.

whewpy

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 10:41 am
When did They say medical exemptions oversight is gone? As far as I know, what got lifted is that babies 6 to 12 months don't need the vaccine

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 10:45 am
I added the link to the article

whewpy

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 10:59 am
I actually read the article before. They lifted restrictions that everyone must get vaccines in affected areas. However, the new guidelines regarding religious and medical exemptions have not been revoked. Call it the consequences of what went on... They are here to stay for now

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 11:10 am
whewpy wrote:
I actually read the article before. They lifted restrictions that everyone must get vaccines in affected areas. However, the new guidelines regarding religious and medical exemptions have not been revoked. Call it the consequences of what went on... They are here to stay for now

right - the nyc zip code $1000 fine issue.

happy12

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 12:47 pm
Until some guy brings it back from Uman after Rosh Hashana and it starts again

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 2:25 pm
whewpy wrote:

Right. But if non vaccinated kids can attend school now, they don't need religious exemption any more

amother
Red

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 2:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Right. But if non vaccinated kids can attend school now, they don't need religious exemption any more

You've never been allowed to attend school legally without either proof of immunizations of valid exemptions. Now religious exemptions are not valid so the only way to legally attend school is either to have a medical exemption or proof of immunization. Maybe private schools can choose to allow unvaccinated individuals; however, I'm not sure how that plays if they take funding from the gov't, etc.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 2:32 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
You've never been allowed to attend school legally without either proof of immunizations of valid exemptions. Now religious exemptions are not valid so the only way to legally attend school is either to have a medical exemption or proof of immunization. Maybe private schools can choose to allow unvaccinated individuals; however, I'm not sure how that plays if they take funding from the gov't, etc.

Something tells me that those schools in Williamsburg that were closed in June and others that had unvaccinated kids won't require any proofs now, that the gov't will get off their backs

amother
Red

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 2:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Something tells me that those schools in Williamsburg that were closed in June and others that had unvaccinated kids won't require any proofs now, that the gov't will get off their backs

My cousin works in Pupa williamsburg. She said the main reason they closed was because they did not actually have the records and could not comply with state law and provide records. Even if you allow unvaccinated children (which I'm not sure if that is allowed if you accept gvt funding), you still need the records. law. Also, they allowed unvaccinated children in school and every single unvaccinated child in that school building (was the cheder) came down with the actual measles in that school.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 2:38 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
My cousin works in Pupa williamsburg. She said the main reason they closed was because they did not actually have the records and could not comply with state law and provide records. Even if you allow unvaccinated children (which I'm not sure if that is allowed if you accept gvt funding), you still need the records. law. Also, they allowed unvaccinated children in school and every single unvaccinated child in that school building (was the cheder) came down with the actual measles in that school.

The point is that the gov't won't be checking their records now cause the outbreak is over. So, if they didn't have the records when the gov't WAS checking, they def won't have them now. With unvaccinated kids attending, of course

amother
Red

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 2:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The point is that the gov't won't be checking their records now cause the outbreak is over. So, if they didn't have the records when the gov't WAS checking, they def won't have them now. With unvaccinated kids attending, of course

I doubt that. The measles was one issue, but now they are under the microscope for being so inept that they did not even have records all together. The same was the case with Monsey schools. They will need to have records. Also, records can be sent straight to the DOH. I know Satmar in Monsey (Bais Esther) as in Monroe (Big School) will not be allowing any unvaccinated students and they are very tough about it.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 2:55 pm
This literally changes nothing. There are hundreds of children banned from attending school indefinitely in nyc thanks to so many people who called their school administrators to ask them exclude unvaccinated children. Who gossiped and maasered on their neighbors and classmates. They could have just as easily caught measles just from being out in public where unvaccinated children were becasue you cant force people to vaacinate. People chose to ignore this fact and ruin other peoples lives.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 3:32 pm
happy12 wrote:
Until some guy brings it back from Uman after Rosh Hashana and it starts again

Well, all the unvaccinated people are already immune and all the vaccinated people are up to date on the MMR... That's why they say that measles comes in cycles.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 4:09 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
I doubt that. The measles was one issue, but now they are under the microscope for being so inept that they did not even have records all together. The same was the case with Monsey schools. They will need to have records. Also, records can be sent straight to the DOH. I know Satmar in Monsey (Bais Esther) as in Monroe (Big School) will not be allowing any unvaccinated students and they are very tough about it.

I guess, we'll see

justmarried

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 4:54 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
This literally changes nothing. There are hundreds of children banned from attending school indefinitely in nyc thanks to so many people who called their school administrators to ask them exclude unvaccinated children. Who gossiped and maasered on their neighbors and classmates. They could have just as easily caught measles just from being out in public where unvaccinated children were becasue you cant force people to vaacinate. People chose to ignore this fact and ruin other peoples lives.

Boo hoo! If you decide not to vaccinate your kids and put other children’s lives at risk then you need to deal with the consequences. It’s your right not to vaccinate - but then you also get to homeschool them.

I’m usually the first one to condemn someone who maasers about anything - but not in this case. It is a Mitzvah and every parents responsibility to take care of the health of their children (and pregnant parents, sick and elderly) and if that’s what had to be done to protect themselves then so be it.

Last edited by justmarried on Tue, Sep 03 2019, 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 5:03 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:

Yes, I’ve reported a few unvaccinated families to the DOH. Proudly!
U gave us measles, we are giving u back the DOH.

turca

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 5:04 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Yes, I’ve reported a few unvaccinated families to the DOH. Proudly!
U gave us measles, we are giving u back the DOH.

Sorry I didn’t mean to go anonymous.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics