Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
I think they have to have a quota of fights in a day.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 5:09 am
I only have two kids home now, both in mid to upper elementary. A few weeks ago I had the older ones and specifically the 9th grader home too. The younger ones always used to complain (rightfully so) that the older one bothered them. Now that the older one is not home to bother them and then them complain about it, they're bothering each other more I really think they feel they have to have a certain amount of fights in a day and if they're older brother isn't there to start up with them, they'll fight with each other. Punch

Can't Believe It Banging head LOL

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 5:14 am
Laugh

I think there may be some truth to that.

Aylat

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 7:49 am
Definitely.

Rappel

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 8:17 am
Definitely true!

If it's any comfort, then once they learn how to behave like human beings (yay adulthood!), then those fight quotas will turn into conversation/interaction quotas, to everyone's benefit.

If they fight now, then they'll be friends later. Or so I keep telling myself. LOL

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 9:21 am
Is that what it is? They're just trying to fill the mandatory quota? And here I thought the goal was to drive me insane. Can I give out free credits or something so they don't have to work quite so hard at it every day? LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children