Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Letzanus-mockery

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 11:01 am
Hi ladies
Please help!
I'm giving an lesson on letzanus and I am looking for examples of scenarios in real life that demonstrate letzanus and its negativity.

If you have any ideas, I would so appreciate you sharing with me.
Thanks

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 11:11 am
When we imitate people in front of their face as a way to be funny. Like imitating teachers (even if it’s just a comedy show and it’s for Purim) the person being imitated can feel really uncomfortable and sometimes very hurt . This can cause that person shame and embarrassment and you can be oiver the aveira of Hamalbin Pnei Chavero Berabim...

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 11:16 am
Rabbi Frand has a classic shiur/essay on leitzanus. I did some cursory googling and can't find the exact name of the essay but do see a few links to Torah.org articles (try "Rabbi Frand leitzanus" ) that might be helpful. Hatzlacha!

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 11:21 am
One joke is docheh 100 mussar speeches. What's that possuk again?

There are so many examples of this. Let's say a class hears a really good speech about improving on a certain character trait, the lesson was very well received and the class is pumped to improve.
All you need is one student to say some kind of disparaging comment and the whole mood to improve goes down the tubes. You can make up different scenarios like this.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 12:51 pm
Thank you so much. This is very helpful.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 12:59 pm
When a girl makes fun of herself you still can't join in and make fun.
Even if the story is funny and the girl seems okay talking about it do not help her say her embarrassing story.
Even positive traits that are said in jest are hurtful, like ,you are such a neat freak

Genius

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 2:25 pm
Sometimes just one raised eyebrow does the trick. Like a nebby girl says a smart comment and the queen of the class raises her eyebrows to make everyone think that there's something wrong with what she said.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics