Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Shein online store
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 1:54 pm
Did anyone buy dresses from shein.com? Any comments on quality, etc?

hodeez

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 2:04 pm
Yes the ones I've bought are awesome

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 2:08 pm
Very happy with some of the purchases. Having issues with returns.
There is no way to reasonably contact them.
But we love the clothes that are keepers (about 1/2)

shmosmom

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 2:18 pm
I've made a couple orders from there. The first time I was pretty hesitant, I ordered 2 sweatshirts for $6 each and a pajama top for $6. I mentally said good bye to the money, and figured if even 1 of them work it's still going to be an okay deal at $18. All of them arrived exactly as expected, using them for 6 months quality is just fine. Didn't attempt returns.
I ordered a bathing suit there recently, it was too short (I'm really tall) and I didn't like the fit, sold it to my aunt.
A friend of mine ordered 3 long dresses, she uses one of them for shabbos in the house, the other two were too roomy and she put them away for maternity.
I think it's hit or miss, I would only order from them if it looks fully tznius on pic, not worth putting money into.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 2:25 pm
I agree with shmosmom. It's just like Ali Express. Only spend what you're willing to risk, and hope you'll be pleasantly surprised.

IMPORTANT: When buying clothes imported from Asian countries, be sure to wash them before wearing for the first time. They are treated with fire retardant and fumigated against bugs before they are allowed to be shipped. You really don't want those toxins next to your skin. If the item is delicate, hand wash it and change the water several times.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 2:30 pm
https://m.shein.com/il/Tie-Wai......html

My fave shein purchase so far. Length is great. It's not see through. I wore it to a simcha ! Looked so classy n pretty.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 2:33 pm
https://m.shein.com/il/Knot-Fr......html

Ordered this . Very pretty! Neckline is a bit low. And it's a tad short on me. I'm 5' 5"
Love it.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 4:12 pm
I order from them all the time.
Advantages over AliExpress are fast shipping (most items come in less than a week) and you can return. Returns are free if you send whatever you want back all at once in one package.
In the ten or so times I've returned I had a mistake once (they left off an item I didn't get a refund for - and no you can't really contact anyone). So it's well worth the minimal risk to me

Chazak613

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 4:21 pm
Thank you for the links! If anyone has any winter shabbos outfits/top, Can you post links?

giselle

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 4:31 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I agree with shmosmom. It's just like Ali Express. Only spend what you're willing to risk, and hope you'll be pleasantly surprised.

IMPORTANT: When buying clothes imported from Asian countries, be sure to wash them before wearing for the first time. They are treated with fire retardant and fumigated against bugs before they are allowed to be shipped. You really don't want those toxins next to your skin. If the item is delicate, hand wash it and change the water several times.

Why is it a risk? They’re great with returns.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 5:27 pm
I had good experience with purchases and returns.

I found adult size to run big. Kids good size.

Just know that there is a minimal fee (think $1) for shipping gaurentee that is automatically checked. You can unmark the box and not pay the fee.

They also have separate sites for desktop and mobile. Desktop is way easier to navigate. I think mobile doesn't even show kids section.

little neshamala

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 5:35 pm
I heard the first time order is free returns. Is that true? How much is it to return subsequent orders?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 6:45 pm
I've always been uncertain about ordering from them because I heard that the sizing can be different. Can anyone give me info on how their sizes run?

Last edited by amother on Tue, Sep 03 2019, 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 6:49 pm
little neshamala wrote:
I heard the first time order is free returns. Is that true? How much is it to return subsequent orders?

Lol. I was also confused about that first time I ordered.
First return on each order is free. Meaning, if you buy 10 items and return 2 at a time, only first return is free.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 6:50 pm
mamabear1234 wrote:
I've always been uncertain about ordering from them because I heard that the sizing can be different. Can anyone give me info on how their sizes run?

I found kids reg.

Adults big.

I order 2 sizes and return 1 (or both:)

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 9:44 pm
Quote:
Can anyone give me info on how their sizes run?

There is no rhyme or reason to their sizing. I'll be a small in one shirt and XL in another. Read the measurements carefully (every item has specific measurements) and I also find the reviews somewhat helpful.
It's really trial and error with every item. I'll usually order 10 or moee items and end up keeping two or three - but for $10-15 an item it's worth the hassle for me.

I've ordered a few things for DD also, found the sizing to run a little more true to size, if anything bigger than smaller

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 11:29 pm
I ordered from them many times never had issues with return.. also one of the orders I made they sent me the wrong top so I was able to chat with someone on the website and they helped me right away and emailed me a return label..

jetset123

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 11:32 pm
Ladies keep those links coming.. share your best finds on shein!! I really liked this top https://m.shein.com/us/Pearl-E......html

cuterpatooter

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 12:09 pm
very hit or miss, but the hits are great!

my mother once got something from shein and saw zara carrying it for twice the price not long after.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 12:20 pm
Quote:
Ladies keep those links coming.. share your best finds on shein!! I really liked this top https://m.shein.com/us/Pearl-E.....-1738.html

I have this in long sleeve from last year. Get tons of compliments on it
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics