Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Give back her new school shoes?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 6:19 am
Hi have a dilemma. I took my dd 5 and 7 to the local frum shoe store. We were only able to go about 1.5 hour befor closing. But I couldnt wait any longer to get her school shoes.there were so many ahead of us when we got to the store . Which was not good dd 7 has hard to fit feet. When it was our turn 2 sales people brought us a few shoes that they thought might work. Non fit right. Finaly theybsaid they had two more option they tried on the first that fit well and my daughters eyes lit up she loved them sales lady pulled out a second pair and said great I have the same for younger daughter. I told her I didn't like them but my daughters looks so excited and told me they love them she said your daughter loves ok time to pay. And took them to the register as I was paying I said that owner the salesperson is convincing me to take them. She answered store is closed either take them or goodbye.we bought them but I so dont love them but my kids are thrilled. The only pair that was left was a plain solid pair. She dint bother trying it on so I would hope it fit. This was a printed shoe. That I thought wouldn't match her clothes plus school shoes are usually dark colors this is a little to much with the print (although it's not against the rules) Should I try going back and exchanging for solid color or keep it and make daughters happy? They asked to see it when we got home and in their mind the pair is gorgeous. I would have to wait online an hour plus again plus no guarantee the shoe will be good. But she will be wearing the shoe 5 months it has to look decent.
Hope I'm clear

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 6:30 am
If the kids love them and they fit well, I wouldn't bother exchanging them.
I let my kids choose their shoes, it doesn't have to match all their clothing. Their uniform is grey, and last year they chose a navy shoe with gold stars, they thought it's "precious". I couldn't care less!

watergirl

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 6:37 am
Our kids have so little choice in their lives. Shoes are temporary. Why not just let your kids wear what they like? It will pass soon enough. Five months is nothing!

I dont live in the same kind of community where you live, I assume. My kids have a much broader range of what the school will allow, and I dont shop in frum stores for things like shoes. You should see what my kids pick out. I allow them this choice. They dont have many ways to let their personalities shine through, I roll my eyes and go with is as long as its within my price range. If its not, my teenagers know they have to pay the difference.

This is small stuff. Don't sweat the small stuff.

cnc

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 6:47 am
watergirl wrote:
Our kids have so little choice in their lives. Shoes are temporary. Why not just let your kids wear what they like? It will pass soon enough. Five months is nothing!

I dont live in the same kind of community where you live, I assume. My kids have a much broader range of what the school will allow, and I dont shop in frum stores for things like shoes. You should see what my kids pick out. I allow them this choice. They dont have many ways to let their personalities shine through, I roll my eyes and go with is as long as its within my price range. If its not, my teenagers know they have to pay the difference.

This is small stuff. Don't sweat the small stuff.

This.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 6:53 am
First of all, you need to stop stressing about this. It comes through in your post, the anxiety you are having from this issue.

Second of all, let her keep the shoes. She loves them. And I say that as someone who completely understands why cute shoes are so important.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 7:08 am
I remember when my daughter chose bubblegum pink shoes when she was in Primary. We still laugh about those today.....

Giving your kids some choice helps them develop themselves.

(you don't want to know the choices my kids have made, but to give you an idea....in primary, they could choose their own outfit for their birthday - other times they wear a uniform. Most kids come dressed in Shabbos clothes...not my little free-spirit. She went in a colorful skirt and top, loads of beaded necklaces, boots, sunglasses and a floppy orange hat.....she let me know it was HER birthday, not mine...)

It's only shoes. If they are happy, let them be.

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 7:23 am
Is the issues that you felt pressure to take the shoes and you are concerned they won't hold up?

If they won't hold up because they are flimsy, then return them despite the fact your daughter is excited. If they are a nice sturdy shoe then let your daughter have the shoes she wants.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 7:29 am
Do they fit well? Hold her feet properly?

DREAMING

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 10:26 am
Chayalle wrote:
I remember when my daughter chose bubblegum pink shoes when she was in Primary. We still laugh about those today.....

Giving your kids some choice helps them develop themselves.

(you don't want to know the choices my kids have made, but to give you an idea....in primary, they could choose their own outfit for their birthday - other times they wear a uniform. Most kids come dressed in Shabbos clothes...not my little free-spirit. She went in a colorful skirt and top, loads of beaded necklaces, boots, sunglasses and a floppy orange hat.....she let me know it was HER birthday, not mine...)

It's only shoes. If they are happy, let them be.

😂

DREAMING

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 10:27 am
If they fit well I would not return them

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 11:20 am
I took my dd to the store the shoes that fit, I didn't like them but my daughters looks so excited and told me they love them .. I would have to wait online an hour plus again plus no guarantee the shoe will be good. But she will be wearing the shoe 5 months ilshould I switch it?

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 11:23 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I took my dd to the store the shoes that fit, I didn't like them but my daughters looks so excited and told me they love them .. I would have to wait online an hour plus again plus no guarantee the shoe will be good. But she will be wearing the shoe 5 months ilshould I switch it?

Can you post a pic of the shoe or similar?

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 11:30 am
OP, why are you asking the same question again?

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 11:35 am
I think most important is whether the shoes fit well and whether they will last. If that's all good, does the exact color really matter?
If you queued up for ages and tried this other pair on, if it doesn't fit, would you keep this first pair? If yes, then I wouldn't bother going back. As your girls get older, they will develop their own tastes, which may be different from your own.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 11:40 am
no
just keep them
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics