Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Grocery store vent... some people don't have middos

mommydearest654

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 5:18 pm
I was in a packed grocery store today and some people have the audacity to cut the line. I was waiting on line behind a women when another women comes and takes a half loaded cart from near the register and says I was on line here and procedes to cut ahead and go back a forth to fill up her grocery cart with items. lady ur cart was not on line it was near a register, please wait on line like everyone else. it's one thing if you leave your child on line and go back a forth filling the cart up. it's another to cut ahead. it's gezel zman and a lack of middos. some people get me so upset. Mad

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 5:23 pm
I agree with what you are saying . Those people will never change. I’ve learned that I need to work on my patience and tolerance because I get so ticked off by such people. But since my anger and frustration won’t make them change their ways at least I can change my own behavior and my reaction.

giselle

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 5:31 pm
I had that at Zara. I was waiting behind a (frum) woman on a very long line, and her friend came over and stood with her. I assumed they would be paying together, but when the she was called to the register, she went separately. I couldn’t decide if I should say anything, but I was a little taken aback.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 5:40 pm
mommydearest654 wrote:
I was in a packed grocery store today and some people have the audacity to cut the line. I was waiting on line behind a women when another women comes and takes a half loaded cart from near the register and says I was on line here and procedes to cut ahead and go back a forth to fill up her grocery cart with items. lady ur cart was not on line it was near a register, please wait on line like everyone else. it's one thing if you leave your child on line and go back a forth filling the cart up. it's another to cut ahead. it's gezel zman and a lack of middos. some people get me so upset. Mad

Actually, its one thing to say "oops, I forget mayo" and to run to pick it up; its another to shop while someone waits in line.

There are stores I refuse to go to because the owners (not beleaguered clerks) allow this.

But the best is when I say something, "I have to get home to my kids." So do I. "I'm running late." Not my fault. I'd be on time if not for people like you.

Cheiny

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 6:18 pm
[quote="mommydearest654"]I was in a packed grocery store today and some people have the audacity to cut the line. I was waiting on line behind a women when another women comes and takes a half loaded cart from near the register and says I was on line here and procedes to cut ahead and go back a forth to fill up her grocery cart with items. lady ur cart was not on line it was near a register, please wait on line like everyone else. it's one thing if you leave your child on line and go back a forth filling the cart up. it's another to cut ahead. it's gezel zman and a lack of middos. some people get me so upset. Mad[/quote

It’s even worse when it’s done before Pesach and the lines are to the back of the store!

Blessing1

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 6:23 pm
Once when it was finally my turn to pay, I pushed my wagon to the counter and out of nowhere a women came with her wagon and proceeded to unload her stuff. I said excuse me I'm next, she said "oh no I was here the entire time!!" I was floored, she literally lied to my face like a child. A grown women!

redbaker

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 7:57 pm
I feel like the people who do these kinds of things must have serious problems. Not even worth making an issue out of it.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 8:18 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Once when it was finally my turn to pay, I pushed my wagon to the counter and out of nowhere a women came with her wagon and proceeded to unload her stuff. I said excuse me I'm next, she said "oh no I was here the entire time!!" I was floored, she literally lied to my face like a child. A grown women!

That happened to me once and my son started throwing all her things on the floor as she was loading them
I didn't know who was crazier

Amarante

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 8:23 pm
It's why I avoid the from stores if at all possible. I used to drive my father to the store on Pico and refused to go in with him.

This is not typical behavior in stores. I always assumed it was due to the large numbers of immigrants from a culture in which pushiness equalled survival for scarce resources.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics