Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Care packages for yeshiva bochurim

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 3:14 pm
Do families typically send care packages to yeshiva bochurim who dorm? If so, what kinds of items are common to include in such a care package?

mommy9

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 4:40 pm
I usually send cake and nosh. My sons usually have lists of things they need from home or need me to buy for them.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 6:02 pm
I guess it depends on the yeshiva and the age of the boys. My DS attends a yeshiva where they are free to do their own errands and shopping and he enjoys the independence and freedom of buying what he needs and he cooks for himself too when he wants to eat healthy . My DH did give him a credit card to use for these purchases.

My other son doesn’t dorm, but his yeshiva didn’t allow such freedom like my other son. So I’d send him cake and some homemade snacks and whatever else he is running out of, is if he dormed.

shmosmom

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 11:27 pm
Depends how often you send the packages....we would order surprise sushi or pizza to my brother's 'dirah' in Israel after confirming with his roomate he's home.
If we had a messenger my parents would send a new pair of crocs, a magazine he enjoys, or even shampoo that isn't available there or some cool new pens... anything to show you thought of him.
If he's not too far away you can send a fresh shabbos care package with homeade challah and dips.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics