Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
4yo MRI under anesthesia and an EBF baby

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 10:15 pm
So my baby is EBF.
I have an appointment for tomorrow with my 4yo for an MRI. Needs to be done under anesthesia.
Will I be able to be with my child if I have my baby with me?

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 10:16 pm
When my dd had an MRI, no one was allowed in the room with her. We waited outside and were able to look into the room through a window.
They for sure won't allow a baby inside.

pesek zman

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 10:17 pm
No. MRI you wait outside. But if he’s under anasthesia he won’t knkw you’re not there

soap suds

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 10:36 pm
pesek zman wrote:
No. MRI you wait outside. But if he’s under anasthesia he won’t knkw you’re not there

I was allowed inside the room with DD until the anesthesia took effect, so it would make a difference to the child whether she's allowed in or not. I doubt they'd let a baby in, though.

OP, can you have someone else come along to watch the baby outside for those few minutes?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 11:01 pm
If course not during the actual imaging but till my 4 yo falls alseep....
DH will be there too.
I wasn't clear. My question is if they would make any problems with bringing the baby into the hospital with me (outpatient).
We will be at Hospital For Special Surgery in NYC.

sky

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 11:02 pm
Should not be a problem in hospital. Just make sure you or DH can give child undivided attention when needed.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 11:10 pm
Thank you everyone.
My poor kid was so nervous, she was talking in his/her sleep. Never did that before.

Please keep my child in your prayers. Thank you.

whewpy

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 11:11 pm
I've done it at that hospital, they never had an issue with bringing the baby along. You should have someone else with u so u can concentrate on the 4 yo

chasdie Hashem

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 11:21 pm
Yes like they alll say-have s/o else so you can give him all attention he needs ,& I really think it’s important to be there with child till he falls asleep even if dr insists that not.
My child till today remembers me being by his side when he was put to sleep & was so confused & crying cuz was scared -b he remembers me being at his side & holding his hand..mayb also prepare him little bit b4 procedure(not too early so he shouldn’t be too nervous)that will have mask ..
Hatslacha raba!

teachkids

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 6:29 am
I would suggest one of you wearing baby while in the hospital so you don't have to keep pushing the stroller around and calming the baby and can focus on the older one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics