Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Chicken soup in large amounts

advocate

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 8:45 am
Can you wonderful mother's give me specific recipes and techniques for making large amounts? I put jullienned vegetables in my soup and it's time consuming! Recipes and tricks! Good Shabbos! And thank you

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 8:50 am
How large is the pot you want to cook it in?

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 9:00 am
My basic chicken soup recipe is-peel and cut carrots into chunks (kids prefer it and it goes much faster), add some whole onions (1st layer peeled and root etc removed), add plenty of chicken, some salt to taste, fill up pot with hot water and leave to simmer for hours after it boils for strong chicken flavor. Sometimes add lockshun or kneidels.
If you do particularly like julienned vegetables, use a magimix or similar to save you time.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 9:29 am
I have a very large pot. I use bones, gizzards, some chicken or turkey legs. I put them in mesh bags and use enough to come up to somewhere between 1/2 - 2/3 of the way.* I add water to cover, bring it to boil, skim fat, then I stick veg. in. I don't shred, or cut them beyond basic peeling. Veg. I use are onions, carrots, parsnip. I'll put some fresh dill in a Bodek type filter bag. (If I use dill seeds, I do that also just for aesthetics.) I would love to put celery leaves in the filter bag, and use celery, but a family member doesn't like cooked celery. I don't think we're missing much.

After it comes to a boil, I let it simmer for hours. I take out all the stuff and once it cools I pour the soup into a number of container, divide the vegetables, and put in some gizzards and chicken chunks. (Though the larger pieces are usually supper that night. If leftover, they'll go in the soup too.)

I refrigerate it overnight and skim the fat, then I freeze it.

*If frozen. If fresh, it's more likely to be at the lower end.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions