Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Going away. What can I leave for kids?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 8:57 pm
I am going away with DH next week for ten days. We have family watching out three children. I bought some little chachkes I thought they would like but still need more ideas if stuff to buy for them. I also want a cute way for them to open it.
Last time we went away for a couple days I wrapped a present per day with a note. Since it's more days I was thinking like a pass the present type of idea for this time. (Each day pull away another layer) Has anyone done that or have any other ideas for me?

Thanks

Goldie613

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 10:20 pm
How old are the kids?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 10:40 am

joss3

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 10:51 am
You can do an avent calendar, where every day they open a small gift, leading to the day you come home a larger gift.

I wouldn’t do just unwrapping one layer from a gift, as that is a days long process with little immediate reward.

animeme

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 11:13 am
I would get them each a notebook/ sketchbook. Each day or whenever they want they can use it like a journal, writing or drawing what is in their head and about their day. When you get back, you can sit with each kid and go over it. This can help them stay feeling connected to you while you are gone.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 9:00 am
For a baby something with your smell.
Pictures available
we didn't leave anything special
we were available by phone if requested - it isn't good for everykid

monseymom25

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 9:10 am
Quote:

I would get them each a notebook/ sketchbook. Each day or whenever they want they can use it like a journal, writing or drawing what is in their head and about their day. When you get back, you can sit with each kid and go over it. This can help them stay feeling connected to you while you are gone.

I love this! What a beautiful, sensitive idea.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 9:24 am
animeme wrote:

That's a nice idea.
I will do this
I have some mini priEs I am going to send. I also bought them a prize for when we get back. Something they have been asking for for a while.

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 10:11 am
You’re lucky, 10 days is a long time.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 10:44 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
You’re lucky, 10 days is a long time.

Bh I am. I am lucky I have wonderful parents who are willing to take my children for so long.

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 10:58 am
Forget the chachkies and start a therapy fund for the 3-year old. 10 day is too long at that age.

tweety1

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 11:47 am
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Forget the chachkies and start a therapy fund for the 3-year old. 10 day is too long at that age.

Seriously!?!? I'll be following this thread just so I see how many hugs and comments this comment is gonna get.

my mama

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 1:04 pm

I heard a wonderful quote regarding this...
They won't remember and you won't forget.

This child will not remember being left for ten days while you won't forget your wonderful vacation.

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 1:05 pm
my mama wrote:
I heard a wonderful quote regarding this...
They won't remember and you won't forget.

This child will not remember being left for ten days while you won't forget your wonderful vacation.

You don't need to remember something for it to affect you, your psyche, and the way you perceive people and interact with the world around you.

my mama

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 1:10 pm
If your child is raised with the knowledge that you Love them, there is nothing wrong with going away. If op would be having a baby now and leave the 3 year old child with her mother for 2 weeks would you have the same objections?

tweety1

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 1:30 pm
You don't need to remember something for it to affect you, your psyche, and the way you perceive people and interact with the world around you.

I'm usually very respectful to posters here, but since you're hiding under "amother" and you're answering a little nutty, I don't have self control. But are you sure you're not on some spectrum, or have some diagnosis!? You're answers here suggest otherwise. Lol.
In hindsight, ya know, I didn't let my 3 yr old cut up his own pepper; thinking back I think I will next time, cuz do you know how it can effect his future independency? Have an effect on his fine motor skills? Teach him some serious kitchen skills? Can you fathom the effects it will have on his psyche by denying him to cut up the pepper by himself!?!

pizza4

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 1:56 pm
Such adorable and fun ideas! I'll try to keep these in mind when I next go away.
I generally leave some kind of nosh and toy for the family my kid stays at, and a little prize for my kid.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 2:01 pm

Oh is it why you're nuts

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 2:50 pm
Prepare a calendar and have your kids or just the three yr old stick a sticker or cross off one square each day.

tweety1

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 2:55 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Oh is it why you're nuts

Ruchel, read my post above!! I wish I can like your post twice.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics