Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Spoiled

proudmom

Post Tue, Aug 24 2004, 7:44 pm
Is it possible that my 3 month old could be spoiled at this age? because she doesnt like when my husband holds her. she cries when he picks her up. and when she looks at me or when I pick her up she stops.

Rochel Leah

Post Tue, Aug 24 2004, 8:06 pm
I wouldn't think that she is spoiled. but you are her comfort zone, and she doesn't see her dad as much as she is with you. maybe after your hubby picks her up, don't stay in the room, and let her cry a little till she gets used to dad.

Tovah

Post Tue, Aug 24 2004, 8:20 pm
I read in the baby book that I got from the hospital when I gave birth to my daughter that you can't spoil a baby under 6 months. I actually have a common situation. my baby loves my husband but if I leave or my husband puts her to bed she screams. I think it's just that were with them all day that were their security.

proudmom

Post Tue, Aug 24 2004, 9:59 pm
The problem is that I cant let her cry because she wont stop she will cry louder and louder and then my husband cant handle the crying so he put her down.

Yael

Post Wed, Aug 25 2004, 3:49 pm
its not so much that she's spoiled but rather that your husband is a stranger to her still. she needs to get to know him. maybe try holding her and having your husband talk to her, get her to laugh, etc. she will be more open to interact with him when she is in the security of your arms. when she is happy playing with him, then try handing her over. and then get out of sight so she can focus on only him.

proudmom

Post Thu, Aug 26 2004, 12:34 pm
I tried that Yael and it didnt work. as soon as she saw my husband she started screaming. She is very friendly with strangers but when it comes to my husband she screams

Rochel Leah

Post Thu, Aug 26 2004, 12:39 pm
maybe she doesn't like his beard or cologne/ deoderant. maybe let him hold her with something that smells of you. We know babies aren't stupid and they can tell the differnce, but give it a try

miriam

Post Tue, Sep 14 2004, 10:04 am
I think he should hold her while you are right there. She should be able to see the both of you at the same time. You are her security blanket. I am sure that it's hard for your husband to not get insulted but I think if she can see the both of you together she will be comforted. Also when he is holding her, give her something she likes, a light up toy or something. Her reaction is totally normal but she has to learn to get more used to him.

ForeverYoung

Post Tue, Nov 02 2004, 2:05 am
How about making it a family cuddle?

How is it going, by the way?

miriam

Post Tue, Nov 02 2004, 5:40 pm
FY, I like your idea LOL

ForeverYoung

Post Tue, Nov 02 2004, 7:17 pm
thanks Wink

proudmom

Post Tue, Nov 02 2004, 7:42 pm
Right now my daughter is older and she is getting a lot better. She sometimes still cries in his hands. But it isnt as much as it used to be. She just grew out of it.

supermom

Post Sat, Nov 06 2004, 4:00 pm
funny cause while I am nursing my kids always hated my husband and loved everyone else. as soon as I stopped nursing they never wanted to go to me when my husband was around all they wanted was him. I love it finally I can really say I am free Exclamation LOL it just must be that the nursing is making her very attached. but now she is better as you say. so maybe it was a phase.

Tefila

Post Sun, Nov 07 2004, 8:51 am
Supermom
Quote:
funny cause while I am nursing my kids always hated my husband

How True Wink Exclamation
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics