Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Has anybody been to Lakota Wolf Preserve?

jf

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:41 pm
It's basically on our way as we do a summer trip--kids are 12 and 15.

Is it worthwhile?

Thanks.

doctorima

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:54 pm
We went many years ago on Chol Hamoed. DH and I enjoyed it and thought it was well done. Just make sure you check the schedule, since I believe they only have 2 daily programs. The kids definitely found it interesting and unique at the time, though when we recently mentioned the possibility of going back again, nobody seemed super interested.

happyone

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 6:23 pm
where is it located? what is of interest ?

doctorima

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 7:29 pm
Western NJ just before the Delaware Water Gap. They raise wolves and teach you about them and let you see them in action, howling, etc.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 10:31 am
In case anyone ever searches - we just went. It’s lots of talking. It is fascinating and interesting. But my young kids got bored quickly and lost interest because we stood still too long listening.
Do not walk up. It’s a very steep hill. Down is easier. You can take up a foldable carriage in the shuttle.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 10:47 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
In case anyone ever searches - we just went. It’s lots of talking. It is fascinating and interesting. But my young kids got bored quickly and lost interest because we stood still too long listening.
Do not walk up. It’s a very steep hill. Down is easier. You can take up a foldable carriage in the shuttle.

I did not have the same experience as you. It is an educational event. We took our children and told them we would be going on a guided tour with a speaker who would be teaching us about the behaviors and lives of wolves. Children were not bored and we enjoyed the hike up the hill. Different strokes for different folks.

Batsheva1

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 12:07 pm
We loved it! We also went on the tour where the guide told us all about the place and the wolves they keep there. We learned a lot and the whole family found it interesting. It wasn't a whole day thing though, we did other things that day as well, I don't remember what. It was years ago.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 3:11 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
I did not have the same experience as you. It is an educational event. We took our children and told them we would be going on a guided tour with a speaker who would be teaching us about the behaviors and lives of wolves. Children were not bored and we enjoyed the hike up the hill. Different strokes for different folks.

DH who is extremely fit pushed up a double jogging stroller and found it incredibly difficult due to the steep slope and rocks. Perhaps without the stroller it wouldn’t have been as bad.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics